Post-Game Talk: NSH VS CHI 7:30 CST. "I'm not sick, but the other team makes sick"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Suck It SethIStillCantBelieveWeDidntGetBarkov
Suck It JaredHowTheHellAMiStillInTheNHL

Live Long and Suck It Forever, Shitcago

Maximal goodness win at that. Preds get 2 points and hurt the Hawks tank a bit by giving them 1

two straight GDTs where I am sick, the next is my scheduled root canal

Reactions: hido and PredsV82

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
He does not look comfortable and is fighting everything.
The positioning on the Dickinson goal was so crazy to look at in review. He MIGHT have been covering half the net and wasn't even squared when the shot came through. Not something I am use to seeing from him.

I know the first Foligno goal is deemed a "greasy" goal when you score it, but when your on the other side it sure just looks like a soft goal.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I audibly groaned on every goal against. He doesnt seem to have his mojo
I'm worried with every shot against.
The positioning on the Dickinson goal was so crazy to look at in review. He MIGHT have been covering half the net and wasn't even squared when the shot came through. Not something I am use to seeing from him.

I know the first Foligno goal is deemed a "greasy" goal when you score it, but when your on the other side it sure just looks like a soft goal.
Was it the first period against Minnesota were he literally moved his glove out of the way of a shot by turning his hand to catch the puck underhand? If he just didn't move the puck hits him. It's stuff like this that show when a goalie is really struggling in his own head.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
He was screened by Fabbro on the Dickinson goal and was cheating leaving the blocker side open. Fabbro has to either cover the middle of the net or the side and he got caught out in no man’s land leaving Saros vulnerable. It happens. Not overly concerned.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
He was screened by Fabbro on the Dickinson goal and was cheating leaving the blocker side open. Fabbro has to either cover the middle of the net or the side and he got caught out in no man’s land leaving Saros vulnerable. It happens. Not overly concerned.
The first blame on the Dickinson goal goes to Forsberg, he completely leaves his responsibility and that guy walks in and scores.

The next blame is on Saros for being out of position, the Chicago announcers even mentioned it.

Blaming Fabbro for stepping out, trying to reduce time and space while maybe blocking the shot is something that seems like a stretch just to excuse bad goalie play.

Reactions: triggrman

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The first goal feels soft because of the way it goes over Saros but that's debatable though. One might say that goal happens because Saros is too small and there would be some merit to that.

Second goal, out of position.

Third goal, horrible rebound.

I'm not saying it's time to panick and call up Askarov but acting like Saros is playing fine seems a bit homerish.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
There was another play towards the end of the game where Saros was out of position towards the right side of the net and Stastney did an excellent job of covering the open net to prevent a goal.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
He was also leaving a lot of rebounds in front of the net last night, so hopefully he can clean that up as well.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
On the subject of the game, watching Jones makes me wonder why he gets so much hate. He was one of their best players all night and played half the damn game.
He's a good solid player but I think alot of it is that he didn't really turn into that game changing Dman so he catches some flak from people that have outsized expectations.

He's also vastly overpaid, probably should have been making more to what Ekholm was than what he is currently making.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
On the subject of the game, watching Jones makes me wonder why he gets so much hate. He was one of their best players all night and played half the damn game.
It is his contract. He never accomplished anything to be worth the same caphit as Adam Fox or more than Roman Josi. He is the 6th highest paid dman in the game right now by cap 2nd in actual $$ this season

Reactions: triggrman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad