Post-Game Talk: NSH VS CHI 7:30 CST. "I'm not sick, but the other team makes sick"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
They also gave up a lot to get him which was a questionable choice for where they were in terms of rebuilding.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
See Duchene and Johansen as Preds.
I don't know why either of those guys would be relative to a defenseman playing solid defense for nearly half a game. Jones looked like he was working hard and was good positionally all night, is that how you describe Duchene and RyJo? Or was it just getting the hate part?

He's a good solid player but I think alot of it is that he didn't really turn into that game changing Dman so he catches some flak from people that have outsized expectations.

He's also vastly overpaid, probably should have been making more to what Ekholm was than what he is currently making.
I can see and understand that. I think Jones with the right partner, could lock down a top pairing.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
They also gave up a lot to get him which was a questionable choice for where they were in terms of rebuilding.
They were still in the denial phase and thought they could make one last run with Toews and Kane. That season is when they figured out it was over.

Honestly I think Edmonton is in basically the same position although for different reasons. They have no cap, no depth, no prospects and yet want to try and make a run. They need to sell off at least one and frankly probably both, strip it completely down and start over.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
They were still in the denial phase and thought they could make one last run with Toews and Kane. That season is when they figured out it was over.

Honestly I think Edmonton is in basically the same position although for different reasons. They have no cap, no depth, no prospects and yet want to try and make a run. They need to sell off at least one and frankly probably both, strip it completely down and start over.
Meh. The Oilers paying 12.5m for mcdavid and 8.5m for Draisaitl isn't much different than Colorado paying that for mack and rantanen.

The difference there is Darnell nurse making 9.5m and he's no Makar lol. That and paying like 8 million on skinner and Campbell. Colorado drafted solid depth and went cheap on goalies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Meh. The Oilers paying 12.5m for mcdavid and 8.5m for Draisaitl isn't much different than Colorado paying that for mack and rantanen.

The difference there is Darnell nurse making 9.5m and he's no Makar lol. That and paying like 8 million on skinner and Campbell. Colorado drafted solid depth and went cheap on goalies.
Was more talking about them being in denial lol

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I don't know why either of those guys would be relative to a defenseman playing solid defense for nearly half a game. Jones looked like he was working hard and was good positionally all night, is that how you describe Duchene and RyJo? Or was it just getting the hate part?
The hate part which was all tied to a perception of $$$ to what people imagine that should mean. Duchene literally scored 40+ and still got hate because he didn't do that every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad