Proposal: NSH-TOR Saros

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
i don't think there's any point. we gut a chunk of the forward depth we have for potentially only 1 and a half years of Saros. not a fan of two first rounders either and with Knies included that's basically 3 first rounders. Literally no one is paying that much for a goalie.

Plus i want to see a lot more of Woll- everything shows hes a solid goaltender and he deserves a chance at the starter role. Toronto has had a home grown goalie in for fricken ever.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
As a Nashville fan you could take out Robertson and one of the firsts and I’d still do it.

Not particularly high on either Knies or Robertson but would pull the trigger from a Preds perspective.
Thing is a goalie is prob 3rd on their list right now and even then I doubt its a starter their looking for. Then the fact he only has 1yr after this makes it 1 of the biggest overpayments I have seen in a while.
1st good 2 way RHD who can play 20-22 mins a night
2nd left handed middle 6 c/lw
3rd depth goalie

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Thing is a goalie is prob 3rd on their list right now and even then I doubt its a starter their looking for. Then the fact he only has 1yr after this makes it 1 of the biggest overpayments I have seen in a while.
1st good 2 way RHD who can play 20-22 mins a night
2nd left handed middle 6 c/lw
3rd depth goalie
Let’s make it the original deal and we’ll add Carrier and Trenin to it.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Let’s make it the original deal and we’ll add Carrier and Trenin to it.
Its too much, guys like Knies, Robertson are most likely staying, that leaves the 2024 1st, MInten, Cowan etc to get us a good D man at minimum and if lucky an underrated middle 6 guy.

I have a feeling they go for Lybushkin for a mid round pick and a mid prospect
as far as a middle 6 guy goes thats way more open, tons of guys with 1-2yrs left in the 1-3 range who would work,
We just don't have the future capital to spend on a goalie of Saros's caliber nd fix the other massive holes

Reactions: glenngineer

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
If the last few years have taught me anything, its you can make a run with an "average" goalie. Seeing what Florida and Vegas did with their goalie depth shows how important it is to have depth that can provide you average to above average goal-tending. You don't need that "elite" expensive goalie everyone has a hard on for.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
It just doesn't make sense for Toronto. They have terrible depth scoring and they are never going to have the cap to buy that in free agency. They also have some really intriguing young goaltending prospects (Woll, Hildeby, even Ahktaymov in the KHL). For the medium and long term they're much better served hoping they could fix goaltending internally than coming up with forward depth after trading some of their most promising young guys and 1st rounders.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Toronto would get a real run for the cup

I honestly don't think they're a goalie away from a real run, especially when you throw in 2 of their top 9 forwards from a team that already has depth scoring issues. And even then, too much - and that's including only one first round pick + Knies, Robertsion.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Toronto gets:
Saros

Nashville gets:
Knies
Robertson
2024 1st
2025 1st
Samsonov

Toronto would get a real run for the cup with a elite goalie whereas Nashville would get what is the rumor they are looking for if they would trade Saros.
what trade are you gonna make before this one to get toronto a 2025 1st? they don't have one until 2026

also, this pretty much ensures toronto won't be competitive going forward trading away any chance of young talent coming into the organization, so please do it

1707941331746.png

TheFamousFart

Dec 25, 2020
The offer was pretty much based on what has been said in the media about what the asking for Saros is. I didnt check about the -25 1st, was just an add to balance taking on Samsonov to make the cap work. :)
Anyways, wouldnt it be nice if Toronto had a great goalie wich they havent had since Potvin & Cujo days

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
If I’m doing that package I’d rather go after Paryako or another stud defenceman

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
The offer was pretty much based on what has been said in the media about what the asking for Saros is. I didnt check about the -25 1st, was just an add to balance taking on Samsonov to make the cap work. :)
Anyways, wouldnt it be nice if Toronto had a great goalie wich they havent had since Potvin & Cujo days
having a great goalie would be helpful but

We aren’t in the position to deal young cheap players with potential. Knies plays L1, Robertson plays L3 could potentially be L2 if keefe wasn’t shafting the kid. They combine for less than 2 million, on a team with 50 milllion in 5 guys we can’t afford to give away cheap effective players who’ll get better

Not to mention 2 picks which could also help plug the offensive depth or even maybe the defence, it’s putting all our eggs in one basket for a goalie

Moreover we right now need to address the defensive personnel too, by doing this we don’t address that, fill the hole in net presumably, but now have depth issues, it’s probably a lateral move with us having guys like Gregor playing third line

Reactions: TheFamousFart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad