Claimed off Waivers: [NSH] Predators claim F Samuel Fagemo off waivers from the Kings

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I like it depending on our next move. Camp down to 15 forwards (not counting Burke since he will be sent down). Do we waive a vets like Sherwood, Smith, McCarron, Jankowski or are we going to to send down waiver exempts like Tomasino, Evangelista, Del Gaizo.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Just a reminder that we lost Sammy Fagemo because we signed Trevor Lewis and didn't waive Anderson-Dolan. That might come back to bite us some day.

I'm not as high on Fagemo as some, but he still has a decent chance to become an NHLer if he can start asserting himself more and get more comfortable playing against the big boys. Good luck in Nashville.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Nice. I do hope it indicates the Preds are sending Jankowski and Gurianov down to Milwaukee on the final cut. That will be good for Milwaukee, and I'd rather take a look at Fagemo than Gurianov.

Or if they are keeping both Fagemo and Gurianov and sending down both of Jankowski and McCarron, even better. :thumbu:

Reactions: maplepred

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Future Cy Young winner looking at those AHL stats.

Does he not pass the puck at all?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Just a reminder that we lost Sammy Fagemo because we signed Trevor Lewis and didn't waive Anderson-Dolan. That might come back to bite us some day.

I'm not as high on Fagemo as some, but he still has a decent chance to become an NHLer if he can start asserting himself more and get more comfortable playing against the big boys. Good luck in Nashville.
Bringing in Lewis was sucha dumb move

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Basically just trying to take a mulligan on the Tolvanen thing?
That would be awesome.

That said, Tolvanen did develop a surprisingly effective 2-way game and physical presence. I never saw any of that coming from him. But it did happen. Alas, John Hynes also happened. I don't imagine Fagemo has rounded out his game the same way Tolvanen did. But ok, we'll take anything we can get at this point to help assuage those wounds.

Reactions: biturbo19

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I like this move for the Preds, Fagemo has a good clapper especially off the one time on the off wing, (good for PP2 as well).

Fagemo must work on his defensive game if he wants to stay on the Preds roster full time, Sam’s weakness at the NHL level is away from the puck especially in the defensive zone.

I like what the Preds have done, while being savvy with their cap space, I’d like to see Fagemo put his game together and stay as a full time NHLer as he has put the AHL development time in.

Can see why Kings fans are pissed as signing old veteran Trevor Lewis was unnecessary.

Brunette should roll with this forward group on opening night if everyone stays healthy.

Line 1 LW Forsberg C O’Reilly RW Nyquist
Line 2 LW Parssinen C Novak RW Evangelista
Line 3 LW Fagemo C Glass RW Tomasino
Line 4 LW Sherwood C Sissons RW Trenin

Scratched: RW Gurianov and LW Smith

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Posted on the Preds board, too:

Kings fan here. His biggest issue is he never really established his identity as a forward. I always described him as a volume shooter, more than a sniper.

He's not heavy on the boards and has good skating. Not a speedster, but can keep up.

Has decent puck protection. Not much of a dangler. He shoots first, asks questions later.

I think he could top out as a middle-six forward. Many fans are upset they lost him for nothing. I wasn't as high on him compared to others, but still a decent pl

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Posted on the Preds board, too:

Kings fan here. His biggest issue is he never really established his identity as a forward. I always described him as a volume shooter, more than a sniper.

He's not heavy on the boards and has good skating. Not a speedster, but can keep up.

Has decent puck protection. Not much of a dangler. He shoots first, asks questions later.

I think he could top out as a middle-six forward. Many fans are upset they lost him for nothing. I wasn't as high on him compared to others, but still a decent pl
Not a Kings or Preds fan but I’ve had the opportunity to watch Fagemo play.

What I like about him is what you’ve described him as a shooter that puts emphasis onto his shot and doesn’t think twice to shoot as much as possible to make something happen.

If Fagemo had a little more accuracy to his shot he could be a sniper, but the accuracy isn’t there yet, not that it couldn’t be with more time around NHL players that pass at a higher level. Fagemo’s hand eye coordination is very impressive as well.

Glad the guy is getting a chance hopefully, Fagemo makes the most of this opportunity as this is his shot at a full time role in the National.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I guess you should put a volume shooter with a great net presence player. Just has to hit around the net for tap ins and rebounds. Hope he makes NHL fulltime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad