Confirmed Trade: [NSH/OTT/COL] Duchene to OTT, Turris to NSH, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Bowers Girard Hammond Kamenev to COL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Can't believe they finalized it during the game. Colorado's management staff, and Joe Sakic in particular, are clueless.
It's not completely unheard of you know. I know people like to shit on CO staff and Sakic but come on.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
On a sidenote, this is the second time Colorado has been in a 3-way trade in the past 5 years.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He likely resigns a contract worth more than Turris's. Then, makes it harder to resign Stone and mainly the big picture, Karlsson.

If Melnyk didn’t want to sign Turris, I can’t see him wanting to sign Duchene long term. Turris is the better two way player. I think this is Ottawa “going for it” for the next two years. Duchene can be better than Turris offensively, might be what they need to repeat their playoff performance.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It will be at least Colin White + a pick IMO. Turris is a rental, Duchene still has a year left.

Doubt it's White. I think they'd do Brown before White, but I don't see them doing either. It's an extra year but I don't think that makes it twice as much usually as rentals get a lot too. I could see B prospect + 1st + maybe another pick.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
I was about to make dinner (am absolutely starving) but the excitement is keeping me away from the kitchen. I must know.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
As a Leafs fan, if Dreger's correct on the return, boy am I happy. But I do think Duchene will fit in well.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
I'd assume a combination brown/fabbro/girard + picks will be going to colorado

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I remember Cammalleri from Montreal being traded mid game. It was bush league and the management was shortly fired IIRC.

Even better, when Cammy wanted to keep his Habs jersey our GM told him he has to pay for it. Gauthier was bizarre.

The owner sent it to him, free of charge with a thank you note for his time here.

Reactions: irunthepeg

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
On a sidenote, this is the second time Colorado has been in a 3-way trade in the past 5 years.
Referring to the Quincey trade? I don't know if that counts since technically it was two two-way trades with Tampa as the common piece.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Lol the guy can't wait to leave.

Details still pending, but you gotta give Sakic some props IMO. He stuck to his guns no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad