Confirmed Trade: [NSH/NYR] Austin Rueschhoff for future considerations

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
NOT A FAN of this move
again, stupid desperation by nyr to create cap room for a rental
He's turning 26 before next season starts. There's 0 room on the roster for him. He's big, but his ceiling is not even Tage Thompson's before breaking out.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He's turning 26 before next season starts. There's 0 room on the roster for him. He's big, but his ceiling is not even Tage Thompson's before breaking out.
fair enuf, but is/was there truly zero room on the roster for just one more guy?
Is everybody else we are keeping CLEARLY better?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
fair enuf, but is/was there truly zero room on the roster for just one more guy?
Is everybody else we are keeping CLEARLY better?
Where would he play? He's a winger. Even without Kane/Tarasenko next year, he's not better than Vesey, Cuylle, Othmann, etc. There's no room for him.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hartford has 15 healthy forwards and for the most part they're all better than or have more upside than Rueschoff who wasn't playing a lot for the Pack the last month or so. In part I think Rempe made him a bit superfluous this year. Rempe more willing to use his size....more willing to drop the gloves and at least 5 years younger. For a period last year Rueschoff got hot but it waned and he's not gotten back to that point since. I think the Rangers were done with Rueschoff and wouldn't have resigned him this summer. This gives him a chance to make an impression with a different organization.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Where would he play? He's a winger. Even without Kane/Tarasenko next year, he's not better than Vesey, Cuylle, Othmann, etc. There's no room for him.
concur not as to the varsity
but I wanted him for emergency depth
a surplus to/replacement for Gettinger at AHL?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hartford has 15 healthy forwards and for the most part they're all better than or have more upside than Rueschoff who wasn't playing a lot for the Pack the last month or so. In part I think Rempe made him a bit superfluous this year. Rempe more willing to use his size....more willing to drop the gloves and at least 5 years younger. For a period last year Rueschoff got hot but it waned and he's not gotten back to that point since. I think the Rangers were done with Rueschoff and wouldn't have resigned him this summer. This gives him a chance to make an impression with a different organization.
I agree I'd take Rempe over Rue at this point.
As to "15... for the most part ... all better ... more upside", my point is, AR was not better than even 1 of those 15?

Any hoo, what's done is done.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I agree I'd take Rempe over Rue at this point.
As to "15... for the most part ... all better ... more upside", my point is, AR was not better than even 1 of those 15?

Any hoo, what's done is done.

There wasn't any real value with the player. He's a 25 year old minor leaguer and he wasn't playing most nights. If anything finding another team who might play him is good for him. At least the people in Nashville can decide whether they want to go forward with him or not. The likelihood the Rangers were going to resign him was pretty much nil.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad