Confirmed with Link: [NSH/NJ] Subban (No salary retention) for Santini, Davies, 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Leaf fan here. Just curious as to impressions of Santini. Did management make a conscious decision to let him marinate in Milwaukee and learn the system, or did he not warrant a proper look?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Leaf fan here. Just curious as to impressions of Santini. Did management make a conscious decision to let him marinate in Milwaukee and learn the system, or did he not warrant a proper look?
I think he got a fair look in training camp, but the basic fact of the matter is that he wasn't deemed to be an NHL caliber hockey player. There is no specific system to learn that would have mattered. And the bar for making the bottom pairings on our team is not a high one. Players like Irwin, Weber, and the subsequently acquired Holzer hover on the edge as it is, and then Jared Tinordi managed to stick later on when opportunities arose, and I don't think there was any controversy about that either, he's judged to be ahead of Santini on our depth chart as well.

It would seem to me that the Nashville pro scouting take has basically been that Santini's a minor league player in general, who could be your #10/11/12 guy on the depth chart for callups, and they didn't find out anything different than that about him over the course of the season in Milwaukee. i.e. he was included in the trade basically as a tiny little cap dump to take a tiny little nibble out of Subban's monster hit.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I think he got a fair look in training camp, but the basic fact of the matter is that he wasn't deemed to be an NHL caliber hockey player. There is no specific system to learn that would have mattered. And the bar for making the bottom pairings on our team is not a high one. Players like Irwin, Weber, and the subsequently acquired Holzer hover on the edge as it is, and then Jared Tinordi managed to stick later on when opportunities arose, and I don't think there was any controversy about that either, he's judged to be ahead of Santini on our depth chart as well.

It would seem to me that the Nashville pro scouting take has basically been that Santini's a minor league player in general, who could be your #10/11/12 guy on the depth chart for callups, and they didn't find out anything different than that about him over the course of the season in Milwaukee. i.e. he was included in the trade basically as a tiny little cap dump to take a tiny little nibble out of Subban's monster hit.
I had no idea. I always thought that he had the potential to at least be a "guy" in the league.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I had no idea. I always thought that he had the potential to at least be a "guy" in the league.

He does. Santini (6'2" 200 pounds) is only 25. He plays well in Milwaukee with Davies 5'11", 187 pounds with 28 points and is 22 years old.

The problem is that Nashville needs more size from the D corps. Harpur (6'6" and 230 pounds), Tinordi (6'6", 225 pounds) and Holzer (6'3" 215 pounds and 31 years old) are big guys.

Carrier is 6'1" 180 pounds is 23 and was fourth in Milwaukee scoring with 37 points. Fred Allard is a stay at home Dman who is 6'1" and 190 pounds at 21 years old. Santini has a lot of competition.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
He does. Santini (6'2" 200 pounds) is only 25. He plays well in Milwaukee with Davies 5'11", 187 pounds with 28 points and is 22 years old.

The problem is that Nashville needs more size from the D corps. Harpur (6'6" and 230 pounds), Tinordi (6'6", 225 pounds) and Holzer (6'3" 215 pounds and 31 years old) are big guys.

Carrier is 6'1" 180 pounds is 23 and was fourth in Milwaukee scoring with 37 points. Fred Allard is a stay at home Dman who is 6'1" and 190 pounds at 21 years old. Santini has a lot of competition.
Holzer is the definition of "guy" Harpur on the other hand is only in the league because of his size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad