Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Mattias Ekholm re-signs with the Predators (4 years, $6.25M AAV)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Anybody who uses this as proof Poile needs to go or Nashville has been a failure is missing massive amounts of context.
Also missing the fact that just as he got things rolling the owner forced him to dump his players and essentially start over.

Lots of people think about the Preds and think about Suter and Weber. That was essentially the start of Preds part 2.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Also missing the fact that just as he got things rolling the owner forced him to dump his players and essentially start over.

Lots of people think about the Preds and think about Suter and Weber. That was essentially the start of Preds part 2.
Timonen and Hartnell lost to free agency and Vokoun traded away for because Liepold wanted strip the team to sell it. Not to mention the ill advised trade deadline acquisitions Poile was forced to make.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
It recast him as a puck-mover which isn't his strength.
I think it’s the opposite actually. Ekholm stays back to make up for the youngster potential mess ups to avoid odd man rushes. I don’t think Fabbro playing with ekholm has turned ek into a puck mover in the slightest anymore than he was prior. Just my two cents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad