Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Matt Irwin (1 year, 2-way)

IamJebus

Feb 21, 2007
5 Min from the Tank!
Nice. Glad Matty Irwin is still getting play time. He's a solid bottom pairing guy that can chip in some shots from the point on the PP.

Love this signing.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Nice. Glad Matty Irwin is still getting play time. He's a solid bottom pairing guy that can chip in some shots from the point on the PP.

Love this signing.

He was send down after 2 games because he was so, so, so bad.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Love this signing.

He can't skate. Subban could give him a half rink head start and catch him skating backwards.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Irwin is likely Milwaukee bound. Can't see him beating out our top 7 (assuming Weber indeed signed with us)

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
As long as he never plays in the NHL, it's fine.

Terrible defenseman. The two games he played for us were horrendous. Was personally responsible for an absurd amount of goals against in two games.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Not going to lie, every time I read this guy's name, in my head, I hear a think Australian accent:

Oi, craicky! 'e's a San Hozay Shaahk, roight?
Being traded to the Bruins (bears) and then signing to the Predators (Sabre tooth tiger) does nothing to change my inability to keep his name and the Crocodile Hunter's name straight.

Good signing as long as he doesn't get killed by a stingray. I think there's a recapture penalty for that.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Irwin's only asset is his shot. That's it. He can't skate, he can't play defense. He showed flashes of being an NHL player for short periods at a time, then would just completely fall apart.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Do not, I REPEAT, DO NOT let Irwin see NHL time...even if you think "oh whatever just for a game playing 6th d minutes..can't hurt"

DON'T. The guy was consistently directly responsible for goals in his very short stint in Boston. Those goals directly led to losses too for the Bruins to begin the year.

Can't skate and is just terrible decision making with the puck..he scored with his bomb of a shot in the preseason and with injury, guess that was enough to get him a look in NHL...but oh man.

Not even exaggerating, one of the worst D I've ever seen play for the Bruins.

Keep him in the AHL and you'll be fine.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Love this signing.

He couldn't even make the Bruins terrible defense last year.

Unless he's improved, I don't see him being anything but an emergency call up.

Seemed like he had promise, but man, he was a let down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad