Confirmed Buy-Out [NSH] Kyle Turris and Steven Santini

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
How much does Turris get paid each year now? Two million a year? Or four million a year with a two million cap hit?

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
It's the year of buy-outs. Makes sense when there's less money coming in, and the cap staying flat. But dang.

Turris will land on his feet. Winnipeg, Detroit, maybe Minnesota could have interest.
I'd offer Turris a pto at the least

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
How much does Turris get paid each year now? Two million a year? Or four million a year with a two million cap hit?

Preds are likely going to be paying $2 mil of whatever his next contract gives him. annually, for the next eight years.

Or maybe that's in addition to whatever his next contract is. Not sure how it works, exactly. :laugh:

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
I think all these buyouts are not a good sign for upcoming UFAs.

A lot of teams are gonna be working $2-4M under the cap for several years.

Most teams were anticipating a continued increase in cap space. The coronavirus changed all that and the league is probably looking at a flat cap for at least 2 seasons. Some teams will suffer from that, especially older teams that were 1-2 pieces away from winning. There might be a significant shift in power over the next 2-3 seasons as a result

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Probably a Brassard situation where he'll be given a prove it deal. Should be interesting.
I agree. I could see quite a few guys trying to re build some value this year. I think you'll see them look for 1 year deals in favaorable situations

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Not sure what the point of buying out Santini is... could've easily buried him for another season. Poile is doing some maneuvering this offseason. The forward group heavily underperformed last season but he's going scorched earth so far.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Not sure what the point of buying out Santini is... could've easily buried him for another season. Poile is doing some maneuvering this offseason. The forward group heavily underperformed last season but he's going scorched earth so far.

Santini is horrible and it saved 1.1 million in cash. Pretty obvious to me.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Homeboi actually talking like people even insisted he had value.

Neat meme tho.

What motive do I have to lie about this? Go to the thread about Nashville wanting to move a center, most Nashville fans insist he can moved or would be kept rather than bought out or dumped. I was arguing with them a couple days ago but sure... You can go with: I'm lying for no reason.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Turris as an UFA certainly will get offers. Would take him on the Avs but the problem is he probably isn't good enough defensively on the PK to fill the role #3c we need to fill...
So why would we take him if he isn’t useful?

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
someone should be fired

As loyal as organization has been to Poile since 1998, I doubt he'll last much longer in Nashville. As amazing of a steal that Forsberg was for Erat and as good as he has been at drafting and developing players...Weber for Subban, Seth Jones for Ryan Johanssen, Matt Duchene's contract and now paying Turris not to play for your team for 8 more years at 2 mil per is too much for anybody to recover from. Poile needs to go before he does anymore damage IMO.

Reactions: triggrman

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
So Turris had 24 million left on his contract...he bought out now and gets 16 million...does he get that in a lump sum or scheduled payments?

I wonder how most players think about being bought out, Turris is still young might be able to make that 8 million in other contracts

paragon

May 5, 2010
Turris will be a $2M cap hit for 8 years. Glad the sens moved on when they did.
It might just be an issue of not fitting in with the system. Granlund also looked great in Minnesota, but after he was traded to Nashville he became as useless as nipples on a man.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Would Ellis/Ekholm be available?

Not likely. I dont think this is a fire sale situation, just more of a save money where you can situation. Kicks the actual cash due down the road a bit to when presumably revenues will be good again

Reactions: 895

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'd wager Ekholm would be the one available to help prep the team for expansion draft and not wanting to pay him when his next contract comes due

I suspect poile keeps him for what at least one more year since we are still in a "window" with our current core. But with him becoming a UFA in 2022 he might be available next summer or will be expansion available if the Preds prefer to protect 7 forwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad