Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] D Dante Fabbro signs extension with the Predators (1 year, $2.5M)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Fabbro should be making more at this point in his career… if the Preds hadn’t been messing around with him. But at least this way he has his freedom to walk away if they do it again.
:handclap:

Reactions: hn777

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Really interesting deal. He's actually going to do the whole, "prove it deal" one year at a time to walk himself right to UFA to try to get paid. The thing everyone's always afraid of, but rarely seems to come to pass before guys ultimately force their way out via trade.

Mayhaps he will follow in the footsteps of one Daniel Hamhuis and hear the interminable call of the Beautiful British Columbia to "come home" from Nashville in the summer of 2025?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Really interesting deal. He's actually going to do the whole, "prove it deal" one year at a time to walk himself right to UFA to try to get paid. The thing everyone's always afraid of, but rarely seems to come to pass before guys ultimately force their way out via trade.

Mayhaps he will follow in the footsteps of one Daniel Hamhuis and hear the interminable call of the Beautiful British Columbia to "come home" from Nashville in the summer of 2025?
Probably but he is nowhere near as good as Hamhuis was. I don't see Fabbro being in Nashville after next season simply because of how badly he has been jerked around. It's been bad enough I'm shocked he never requested to be traded.

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Probably but he is nowhere near as good as Hamhuis was. I don't see Fabbro being in Nashville after next season simply because of how badly he has been jerked around. It's been bad enough I'm shocked he never requested to be traded.

Oh, no doubt. It's not even a comparison in quality of player.

I do think Fabbro would be a very useful addition as a #4ish RHD, if the Canucks continue to struggle to fill that role though. But Hamhuis was just...absolutely transformative for the Canucks blueline at the time. Arguably a #1D in all but the raw powerplay points production terms.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Jankowski scored the 1st goal of the NHL season in the bubble with the Penguins. That's all I got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad