Confirmed Trade: [NSH/BUF] Rasmus Asplund for 2025 7th round pick

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He should get a chance to play for the rest of the year. After the trades we are a little thin on bodies. If nothing else can kick Sanford out of the line up.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Asplund was a good soldier here in Buffalo when he was in the line up. He just couldn't find that finishing touch, but he played decent defensive hockey ad a forward. This was most certainly an arranged deal per the player wanting to play and the GM finding a place he had an opportunity to show them what he can bring. My hats off to the Preds organization for giving him a look, and my hats off to the Sabres for finding that place for him. Good work from both organizations, I Wish him the best.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Look at Sabres forward roster ( irrelevant of lines)

Skinner-Thompson-Greenway
Peterka-Cozens-Olofsson
Mittlestadt-Krebs-Quinn
Girgensons-Jost-Okposo
Tuch— injured
Hinostroza

on that list…Girgrnsons, Okposo, Hinostroza are UFAs. Jost RFA
Olofsson is a UFA in 24 and could be traded in the summer.

next years team you have a few 1st round forwards ( Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, and Rosen)
So when they finally developed talent, a 7th rounder as well! Theybtrade him away... for picks... its just the worst way. Keep Olofsson. Beg for a teamfriendly deal.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
So when they finally developed talent, a 7th rounder as well! Theybtrade him away... for picks... its just the worst way. Keep Olofsson. Beg for a teamfriendly deal.
we have much better players in the system by next year....might have an appealing goal total but the dude is way too inconsistent and when he isn't streaking he is useless.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Olofsson is useless for around 89% of his TOI. the other 11% produces a flashy goal total.

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Damn what a steal. He'll look dynamite next to Tolvanen :sarcasm:

Look at Sabres forward roster ( irrelevant of lines)

Skinner-Thompson-Greenway
Peterka-Cozens-Olofsson
Mittlestadt-Krebs-Quinn
Girgensons-Jost-Okposo
Tuch— injured
Hinostroza

on that list…Girgrnsons, Okposo, Hinostroza are UFAs. Jost RFA
Olofsson is a UFA in 24 and could be traded in the summer.

next years team you have a few 1st round forwards ( Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, and Rosen)

He's got more to offer as a shutdown bottom 6 forward than half the players there

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Buffalo is doing pretty well at developing talent.

The teams above them -- Leafs, Bruins, Lightning etc. -- should keep their heads up.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Asplund was a good soldier here in Buffalo when he was in the line up. He just couldn't find that finishing touch, but he played decent defensive hockey ad a forward. This was most certainly an arranged deal per the player wanting to play and the GM finding a place he had an opportunity to show them what he can bring. My hats off to the Preds organization for giving him a look, and my hats off to the Sabres for finding that place for him. Good work from both organizations, I Wish him the best.
It’s also a team who is contending for playoffs rather than a team tanking.

Reactions: Yatzhee

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
He's got more to offer as a shutdown bottom 6 forward than half the players there
Please, enlighten the fans who have watched him play over the past 4 seasons who he offers more than in the bottom 6? I like many Sabres fans here have watched most of the games he's played in his career with Buffalo, he looked terrible this season.

I hope he finds his game again, but he was not outplaying anyone in the bottom 6 for Buffalo with his play this season.

Reactions: BFLO

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Please, enlighten the fans who have watched him play over the past 4 seasons who he offers more than in the bottom 6? I like many Sabres fans here have watched most of the games he's played in his career with Buffalo, he looked terrible this season.

I hope he finds his game again, but he was not outplaying anyone in the bottom 6 for Buffalo with his play this season.

You just traded a 2nd + 5th for a guy who has been even more terrible this season.

Much better to hope he regains his Selke vote form than give him up for a 7th

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
You just traded a 2nd + 5th for a guy who has been even more terrible this season.

Greenway has a physical element to his game Buffalo lacked in their bottom 6, along with a willingness to be a net front presence. Asplund provided neither of those things. He was a very passive player who rarely engaged physically and was often very easily overpowered in puck battles. He has a good stick and was sound positionally, but they needed something different.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT and Irie

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He’s f***ing terrible. And brings zero to the table except occasionally getting goal streaks. Just gets run over all game. whoever is stuck on his line goes cold and when they get off…miraculously is good again. Every time.

The day he’s replaced on the roster will be a joyous occasion

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

Asplund was not likely going to get much icetime in Buffalo down the stretch, and given the prospects Buffalo has coming soon, it is doubtful they would qualify him.

He has limited value around the league and less to the Sabres. Instead of trying to squeeze all the value out of a lower asset, Adams decided to move him somewhere he'd get a chance to play. He was a good soldier in Buffalo, and this was a way to help him out and wish him the best moving forward.

Reactions: Ovi895

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

Assplug was my favorite Sabre bottom 6er over the past couple years. But then this season happened… he completely fell apart. He’s still just as bad as he’s always been offensively, but the defense also completely disappeared.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Can Nashville fans let us know how he looks, once he gets a few games under his belt? Like Johan Larsson before him, he was a fan favorite who couldn't quite lock down a spot despite being really good with the finer details of the game. Great players who can't finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad