Now that the NHL is back

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
His playmaking still isn't.

No and it probably never will be. That's the one area Bonino has Holland beat in but every other aspect - shot, size, skating ability, hands - Holland is ahead in.

His playmaking skill needs work no question but he doesn't strike me as someone who's ever going to be a big playmaker. He reminds me a lot of Jeff carter. Seems like a great fit for Ryan. I just worry a little about the defense of a Ryan- Holland-Selanne line. Teemu is more of a playmaker at ES now anyway.

Style wise yeah he is simlar to Carter but Carter is much more of a puck hog and shoot first guy than Holland who has shown some playmaking ability in juniors and the AHL.

DaDucks*

His playmaking skill needs work no question but he doesn't strike me as someone who's ever going to be a big playmaker. He reminds me a lot of Jeff carter. Seems like a great fit for Ryan. I just worry a little about the defense of a Ryan- Holland-Selanne line. Teemu is more of a playmaker at ES now anyway.

Does he have his speed? because thats his number one asset, that and his size.

Shortened season w/ a Holland-Selanne experiment line sounds awful.

Put me down for Bonino on the 2nd if were taking tabs

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

He's not as fast as Carter (not many are when Carter is in full stride) but Holland can definitely skate. He's probably around the same size as Carter is.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Shortened season w/ a Holland-Selanne experiment line sounds awful.

Put me down for Bonino on the 2nd if were taking tabs

I'm talking more about wrist shot. Quick release. I see he and bobby being great line partners, whether that's this season or not remains to be seen. Carter isn't a quick player IMO. He's got wheels once he hits full stride but he's not "quick" imo. But as for your question, no holland isn't as quick.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The return of hockey means the return of posts by functional Pejorative Slurs on the main boards. When we left off, I was being told that it was simply a fact that Karlsson is (or is about to be) a better Paul Coffey.

Now, I hear that Nail Yakupov will certainly score 50 goals one day, and that means that the Ducks should trade Ryan for him if they ever want to win the Cup.

Hooray, hockey's back!

Also, Pacioretty is as good or better than Ryan because Ryan's points are due to his linemates. And if he's not as good, he certainly soon will be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad