Now that the 2024 draft order is known, post here who you think teams will pick in June. May the best mockdraft win!

spfan

May 4, 2009
It's tough beyond #1.

SJ - Celebrini
CHI - Demidov
AHM - Silayev
CBJ - Levshunov
MTL - Lindstrom
Utah - Dickinson
OTT - Parekh
SEA - Buium
CGY - Iginla
NJ - Eiserman
BUF - Yakemchuk
PHI - Helenius
MIN - Catton
SJ - Sennecke
DET - Brandsegg-Nygard
STL - Greentree

Celebrini is the only lock.
I personally wouldn't pick Silayev in the top 10. He's fine, but not worth that high of a pick, but because NHL GM's obsess over size, he's gonna go super high.

CHI - Could go with any of Demidov, Silayev or Levshunov. They have a bigger need for defense, but Demidov is the #2 ranked guy by Bob, who survey's scouts, so that does seem like the most likely. But Silayev and Levshunov are certainly possible.

AHM - Somewhat surprised last year by taking Carlsson over Fantilli. Albiet, Carlsson was seen as the next guy and both are big Centers. So different order than expected, but also not really going a different way or really reaching either. They really don't have a need for more LHD, but GM's overvalue size and Silayev might be the selection here. But Levshunov, Demidov are possible here too. And they do have more of a need for a RHD, so I think Parekh is even an option here. Especially if Levshunov is gone. Parekh would really be their Drysdale replacement.

CBJ - Could go a few more ways too. LHD I would say is the only thing that doesn't really make sense. But also wouldn't be shocked if they took Silayev if CHI, AHM do both actually pass on him. Lindstrom, Silayev, Levshunov all possibilites. If Demidov actually does slip a couple of spots, then he's likely.

MTL - Numerous ways they could. I don't see them needing a d-man, but I wouldn't rule that out. Maybe if you don't believe in Mailoux much, then Parekh could make sense. I don't see Levshunov being available. So Parekh is the best RHD available. With Hutson and Guhle as LHD, I don't see a LHD being an option. Supposedly they like Iginla, but who knows. But he's possible regardless. Lindstrom would be very likely if he's available. Catton and Helenius would make sense, but I think their size makes them the usual fallers. Eiserman's slipped on boards everywhere pretty much, but I wouldn't rule him out here. There was also a rumor of Sennecke, but that would be a reach, which MTL has done before, but I wouldn't say this crazy. Sennecke has had an amazing playoff run, but this would be a bit high.

Utah - A lot seem to be penciling in Silayev just cause they took the big Russian d-man early last year and then yeah took another big russian at 12th too, but I never really like these 1 off draft sample sizes. And like I said earlier, Silayev is probably gone already anyways because of the size bias. Utah really could go anywhere though. They aren't too strong at any position really. But defense is their biggest need. Buium, Parekh, Dickinson are all very likely. I wouldn't rule out Helenius here. Iginla possible too. Maybe Eiserman even. And Yakemchuk could go earlier than some expect too. Again, the size bias from NHL GM's.

OTT - They definitely don't need another Center. They've got plenty of LHD too. Even with Chychrun likely being sometime soon, they'd still have Sanderson and Chabot. RHD makes a lot of sense. They could use more scoring depth too. Parekh, Eiserman, Iginla make a lot of sense. Maybe you just see Catton as a winger, but he probably slips more anyways. Yakemchuk, Sennecke are possible here too.

SEA - They don't need more Centers. A high end winger is possible, but they have a bigger need at defense. Parekh, Dickinson, Buium very likely. Yakemchuk possible too. Eiserman, Iginla, Catton possible too if they go forward.

CGY - If Iginla is available, I feel very confident it'd him. It wouldn't be a reach and the connection with his father is a match made in heaven. If he's not available, they just the BPA. Helenius, Catton, Eiserman, Buium, Parekh, Dickinson, Yakemchuk all possible.

NJ - They don't need more Centers. They could make Catton a winger. Maybe even Helenius too or they just have him as a 3C for a really strong center core. Though the issue would be all small centers in their top 9. They're absolutely stacked at RHD. Another LHD would make sense. Eiserman, Dickinson, Buium, Catton, Sennecke, maybe even Helenius are possible.

BUF - Absolutely stacked with LHD and really every forward position. RHD the only clear need. Yakemchuk would make sense. I wouldn't rule out Jiricek here. Parekh is possibly available still. Or they just go BPA. Catton, Helenius, Sennecke possible.

PHI - They need everything, Big hole at Center though and 1 of Helenius or Catton are likely available. Would make a lot of sense. Sennecke, Yakemchuk, Eiserman possible.

MIN - They've got plenty of wingers, so it should be a D-man or Center. Yakemchuk, Helenius, Catton. But they do feel like a team that plays it safe too. Brandsegg-Nygard, Greentree, Sennecke are possible too.

SJ - They've got their 2 Centers of the future now. So they can check that need off now. Everything else is a big need though. They might want to go for a d-man this time. Yakemchuk, Jiricek. Or they just grab another forward. Catton, Helenius, Eiserman, Brandsegg-Nygard, Greentree, Sennecke are all possible.

DET - They need a top end Center, but Helenius, Catton probably don't slip this far. Greentree is close to home, he makes sense. They don't really need a d-man. Brandsegg-Nygard, Greentree, Sennecke, Connelly are most likely the picks.

STL - Bigger hole at defense. Jiricek possible. or any of these forwards Brandsegg-Nygard, Greentree, Sennecke, Connelly will probably be their pick.

Demidov is not a guarantee to go #2, but he's definitely the 2nd best player in the draft in my opinion. But really after that there's 10 pretty interchangeable players. Drafts are never very predictable, but this feels like a bigger range of similar level talents than usual.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
NJ - They don't need more Centers. They could make Catton a winger. Maybe even Helenius too or they just have him as a 3C for a really strong center core. Though the issue would be all small centers in their top 9. They're absolutely stacked at RHD. Another LHD would make sense. Eiserman, Dickinson, Buium, Catton, Sennecke, maybe even Helenius are possible.
New Jersey absolutely needs C. The prospect pool doesn't have any hopefuls and with McLeod gone there is a hole in the NHL as well. LHD is the other position of need, after Muk and Ok where traded to San Jose in the Meier deal. So Buium and Dickinson would be great fits, if one of them would make it to the 10th pick. Wingers with size, speed and/or physicality would also be good fits.

At 10 (if available)
Dickinson
Buium
MBN
Helenius
Chernyshov

spfan

May 4, 2009
New Jersey absolutely needs C. The prospect pool doesn't have any hopefuls and with McLeod gone there is a hole in the NHL as well. LHD is the other position of need, after Muk and Ok where traded to San Jose in the Meier deal. So Buium and Dickinson would be great fits, if one of them would make it to the 10th pick. Wingers with size, speed and/or physicality would also be good fits.

At 10 (if available)
Dickinson
Buium
MBN
Helenius
Chernyshov
But then that player is playing 3C at best. Would you rather have a 3C or a 1st line winger?
You can say the prospect pool, but Hughes and Hischier are there for another decade+.
We're not talking about a team with 30 year old centers. You can say just pick BPA. Although that might not be a Center anyways. And if you really want to fill the 3C position, that makes more sense via free agency. For NJ, I'd want Buium, Dickinson, Eiserman or Iginla.

Reactions: IronMarshal

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
But then that player is playing 3C at best. Would you rather have a 3C or a 1st line winger?
You can say the prospect pool, but Hughes and Hischier are there for another decade+.
We're not talking about a team with 30 year old centers. You can say just pick BPA. Although that might not be a Center anyways. And if you really want to fill the 3C position, that makes more sense via free agency. For NJ, I'd want Buium, Dickinson, Eiserman or Iginla.
i mentioned buium, dickinson. i prefer helenius and mbn over iginla, who most likely won't pass calgary right before the devils pick. and playing a surplus center at wing is never a problem.

eiserman is like holtz, just with a worse compete level. i can see him falling out of the lottery range.

Reactions: Dan Kelly and Xirik

spfan

May 4, 2009
i mentioned buium, dickinson. i prefer helenius and mbn over iginla, who most likely won't pass calgary right before the devils pick. and playing a surplus center at wing is never a problem.

eiserman is like holtz, just with a worse compete level. i can see him falling out of the lottery range.
I also mentioned the d-men. Just that I don't think they should take a Center.

Eiserman won't be picked later than 16th. He's a flawed player, but he'd make sense for NJ. Buium is the BPA of those players for me. Though not too likely he's available at 10.

Also, the 2022 draft tells me NJ are satisfied with Hughes, Hischier as their long term top 2 Centers. Nemec is good and all, but they passed on Wright and Cooley for him. I think that's because they already had Hughes, Hischier.

Reactions: IronMarshal

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
San Jose - Celebrini
Chicago - Demidov
Ducks - Levshunov
Jackets - Lindstrom
Montreal - Iginla
Utah - Catton
Sens - Silayev
Seattle - Biuim
Flames - Helenius
Devils - Sennecke
Buffalo - Yakemchuk
Flyers - Dickinson
Wild - Parekh
Sharks - Eiserman
Detroit - Greentree
Blues - Jiricek

Reactions: SimGrindcore

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Mixing in a bit of Jackets and Habs rumour mill into this list:

Sharks- Celebrini
Hawks- Demidov
Ducks-Buium
Jackets- Silayev
Habs- Senecke
Utah-Iginla
Sens- Levshunov
Kraken-Lindstrom
Flames-Dickinson
Devils-Eiserman
I’m with you on Buuim. I think he’s the best D in the class

Reactions: dr1234

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Sharks - Celebrini
Hawks - Demidov
Ducks - Buuim
CLB - Lindstrom
MTL- Iginla
Utah - Silayev
OTT - Levshunov
SEA - Parekh
CGY - Catton
NJD - Helenius

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
1. San Jose Sharks - Celebrini
2. Chicago Blackhawks - Levshunov
3. Anaheim Ducks - Demidov
4. Columbus Blue Jackets - Silayev
5. Montreal Canadiens - Lindström
6. Utah - Dickinson
7. Ottawa Senators - Perekh
8. Seattle Kraken - Buium
9. Calgary Flames - Iginla
10. New Jersey Devils - Catton
11. Buffalo Sabres - Yakemchuk
12. Philadelphia Flyers - Helenius
13. Minnesota Wild - Sennecke
14. San Jose Sharks (from Pittsburgh Penguins) - Jiricek
15. Detroit Red Wings - Eiserman
16. St. Louis Blues - Chernyshov

Chicago can not pass the chance to get potential 1 line rd pp guy which they currently dont have.

Demidov is too good to pass up at 3.

Can't decide if Blue jackets take Silayev over Lindström. Lindström would solidify their center setup for Fantilli - Lindström - Sillinger, which looks mighty fine center group.

However they can not defend sh*t when going gets tight and Silayev would help them on that.

This draft is pretty much a crap shoot starting with Chicago picking between Levhsunov and Demidov and anything falls from there. This almost needs second mock version of Chicago picking Demidov.

Last edited:

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
How about this:

1. Sharks- Celebrini
2. Hawks- Levshunov
3. Ducks- Lindstrom
4. Jackets- Silayev
5. Habs- Demidov
6. Utah- Yakemchuk
7. Senators- Buium
8. Kraken- Dickinson
9. Flames- Iginla
10. Devils- Nygard
11. Sabres- Sennecke
12. Flyers- Helenius
13. Wild- Catton
14. Sharks- Parekh
15. Wings- Hage
16. Blues- Chernyshov
17. Capitals- Eiserman
18. Islanders- Greentree
19. Knights- Connelly
20. Hawks- Basha
21. Kings- Kivaharju
22. Predators- Boisvert
23. Leafs- Solberg
24. Avalanche- Surin
25. Senators- Luchanko
26. Habs- Beaudoin
27. Hurricanes- Emery
28. Flames- Freij
29. Ducks- Badinka
30. Flyers- Elick
31. Stars- Letourneau
32. Rangers- Stiga

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It's tough beyond #1.

SJ - Celebrini
CHI - Demidov
AHM - Silayev
CBJ - Levshunov
MTL - Lindstrom
Utah - Dickinson
OTT - Parekh
SEA - Buium
CGY - Iginla
NJ - Eiserman
BUF - Yakemchuk
PHI - Helenius
MIN - Catton
SJ - Sennecke
DET - Brandsegg-Nygard
STL - Greentree

Celebrini is the only lock.
I personally wouldn't pick Silayev in the top 10. He's fine, but not worth that high of a pick, but because NHL GM's obsess over size, he's gonna go super high.

CHI - Could go with any of Demidov, Silayev or Levshunov. They have a bigger need for defense, but Demidov is the #2 ranked guy by Bob, who survey's scouts, so that does seem like the most likely. But Silayev and Levshunov are certainly possible.

AHM - Somewhat surprised last year by taking Carlsson over Fantilli. Albiet, Carlsson was seen as the next guy and both are big Centers. So different order than expected, but also not really going a different way or really reaching either. They really don't have a need for more LHD, but GM's overvalue size and Silayev might be the selection here. But Levshunov, Demidov are possible here too. And they do have more of a need for a RHD, so I think Parekh is even an option here. Especially if Levshunov is gone. Parekh would really be their Drysdale replacement.

CBJ - Could go a few more ways too. LHD I would say is the only thing that doesn't really make sense. But also wouldn't be shocked if they took Silayev if CHI, AHM do both actually pass on him. Lindstrom, Silayev, Levshunov all possibilites. If Demidov actually does slip a couple of spots, then he's likely.

MTL - Numerous ways they could. I don't see them needing a d-man, but I wouldn't rule that out. Maybe if you don't believe in Mailoux much, then Parekh could make sense. I don't see Levshunov being available. So Parekh is the best RHD available. With Hutson and Guhle as LHD, I don't see a LHD being an option. Supposedly they like Iginla, but who knows. But he's possible regardless. Lindstrom would be very likely if he's available. Catton and Helenius would make sense, but I think their size makes them the usual fallers. Eiserman's slipped on boards everywhere pretty much, but I wouldn't rule him out here. There was also a rumor of Sennecke, but that would be a reach, which MTL has done before, but I wouldn't say this crazy. Sennecke has had an amazing playoff run, but this would be a bit high.

Utah - A lot seem to be penciling in Silayev just cause they took the big Russian d-man early last year and then yeah took another big russian at 12th too, but I never really like these 1 off draft sample sizes. And like I said earlier, Silayev is probably gone already anyways because of the size bias. Utah really could go anywhere though. They aren't too strong at any position really. But defense is their biggest need. Buium, Parekh, Dickinson are all very likely. I wouldn't rule out Helenius here. Iginla possible too. Maybe Eiserman even. And Yakemchuk could go earlier than some expect too. Again, the size bias from NHL GM's.

OTT - They definitely don't need another Center. They've got plenty of LHD too. Even with Chychrun likely being sometime soon, they'd still have Sanderson and Chabot. RHD makes a lot of sense. They could use more scoring depth too. Parekh, Eiserman, Iginla make a lot of sense. Maybe you just see Catton as a winger, but he probably slips more anyways. Yakemchuk, Sennecke are possible here too.

SEA - They don't need more Centers. A high end winger is possible, but they have a bigger need at defense. Parekh, Dickinson, Buium very likely. Yakemchuk possible too. Eiserman, Iginla, Catton possible too if they go forward.

CGY - If Iginla is available, I feel very confident it'd him. It wouldn't be a reach and the connection with his father is a match made in heaven. If he's not available, they just the BPA. Helenius, Catton, Eiserman, Buium, Parekh, Dickinson, Yakemchuk all possible.

BUF - Absolutely stacked with LHD and really every forward position. RHD the only clear need. Yakemchuk would make sense. I wouldn't rule out Jiricek here. Parekh is possibly available still. Or they just go BPA. Catton, Helenius, Sennecke possible.

PHI - They need everything, Big hole at Center though and 1 of Helenius or Catton are likely available. Would make a lot of sense. Sennecke, Yakemchuk, Eiserman possible.

MIN - They've got plenty of wingers, so it should be a D-man or Center. Yakemchuk, Helenius, Catton. But they do feel like a team that plays it safe too. Brandsegg-Nygard, Greentree, Sennecke are possible too.

SJ - They've got their 2 Centers of the future now. So they can check that need off now. Everything else is a big need though. They might want to go for a d-man this time. Yakemchuk, Jiricek. Or they just grab another forward. Catton, Helenius, Eiserman, Brandsegg-Nygard, Greentree, Sennecke are all possible.

DET - They need a top end Center, but Helenius, Catton probably don't slip this far. Greentree is close to home, he makes sense. They don't really need a d-man. Brandsegg-Nygard, Greentree, Sennecke, Connelly are most likely the picks.

STL - Bigger hole at defense. Jiricek possible. or any of these forwards Brandsegg-Nygard, Greentree, Sennecke, Connelly will probably be their pick.

Demidov is not a guarantee to go #2, but he's definitely the 2nd best player in the draft in my opinion. But really after that there's 10 pretty interchangeable players. Drafts are never very predictable, but this feels like a bigger range of similar level talents than usual.
With Strbak, Komarov and McCarthy (not to mention Dahlin playing the right side) I genuinely Believe Buffalo has more on that side than they do at either center or at just…forwards with size. Yes…all four of their young/long term D shoot left. And so does their other first round pick in Ryan Johnson. But Dahlin is better on the right which is the next 8 years of top pair D on that side. And with Power/Byram you’re looking for style fits for whoever isn’t playing with Dahlin (or with each other) in the top 4.

Meanwhile most of their forward pool is small, skilled winger. If there’s a genuine C there…or a winger with some size and jam to his game…those are bigger needs imo.

You might not like what hand the D they have shoot with…but they have three top 4 D locked in for the long haul regardless. Like…very long haul. They even traded a C to get one.

spfan

May 4, 2009
With Strbak, Komarov and McCarthy (not to mention Dahlin playing the right side) I genuinely Believe Buffalo has more on that side than they do at either center or at just…forwards with size. Yes…all four of their young/long term D shoot left. And so does their other first round pick in Ryan Johnson. But Dahlin is better on the right which is the next 8 years of top pair D on that side. And with Power/Byram you’re looking for style fits for whoever isn’t playing with Dahlin (or with each other) in the top 4.

Meanwhile most of their forward pool is small, skilled winger. If there’s a genuine C there…or a winger with some size and jam to his game…those are bigger needs imo.

You might not like what hand the D they have shoot with…but they have three top 4 D locked in for the long haul regardless. Like…very long haul. They even traded a C to get one.
Those RHD are not high end though.

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Parekh/Yakemchuk/Jiricek

They don't really need size. Thompson, Cozens, Tuch, Greenway. The first 3 are most likely there long term. So it's not like they desperately need a big 18 year old prospect.

The likely best forwards available would be Catton or Helenius anyways, who are small, so you wouldn't want them. There's some players with some size like Brandsegg-Nygard, Sennecke and Greentree, but they wouldn't be BPA at all in my opinion.

They're best off to trade the pick entirely anyways though.

Trade the pick and whatever else for Saros.
Sign Pesce.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
How about this:

1. Sharks- Celebrini
2. Hawks- Levshunov
3. Ducks- Lindstrom
4. Jackets- Silayev
5. Habs- Demidov
6. Utah- Yakemchuk
7. Senators- Buium
8. Kraken- Dickinson
9. Flames- Iginla
10. Devils- Nygard
11. Sabres- Sennecke
12. Flyers- Helenius
13. Wild- Catton
14. Sharks- Parekh
15. Wings- Hage
16. Blues- Chernyshov
17. Capitals- Eiserman
18. Islanders- Greentree
19. Knights- Connelly
20. Hawks- Basha
21. Kings- Kivaharju
22. Predators- Boisvert
23. Leafs- Solberg
24. Avalanche- Surin
25. Senators- Luchanko
26. Habs- Beaudoin
27. Hurricanes- Emery
28. Flames- Freij
29. Ducks- Badinka
30. Flyers- Elick
31. Stars- Letourneau
32. Rangers- Stiga
Forgot about Jiricek… maybe swap him with Kivaharju at the Kings pick.

There’s going to be many early offensive small defensemen likely taken in the early 2nd: Hutson, Kivaharju, Mews, Wallenius… and I’m guessing some late rising forwards like Mustard and Miettenen, and small forwards Artamonov and Parascak within the top 40.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad