At Kings
At Coyotes
At Panthers
Lightning Home and Home
Penguins Home and Home
Home for Flyers
Home and Home with Capitals
Home vs. Devils

It's basically the inverse of February 2015, which looks like a cream puff in comparison. Unless NYI are win 5 of the next 8, it's going to be hard to be over 500 by the end of November even with a much improved team.

Al Arbour

Aug 18, 2014
New York
The two games that concern me the most: Panthers and Flyers

Yes, Isles have a tough schedule these first two months, but I like when we play better teams, it's much more exciting, and we get to see what this team is all about.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If we don't talk about it, it might not happen!

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I don't think that's a bad schedule. Sharks, Ducks, Kings and Penguins are tough matches, but the rest are doable. I'm just concerned with the fact that we always have a gigantic losing streak in November.

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
This team also seemed to play very well on the road last year, especially against good teams. That California swing will be tough for every team in the East, I'd rather get it out of the way early anyway.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
That Penguins home and home is going to be nasty. Everyone has to play them and IF we come out .500 against those western teams we are in AMAZING shape. Let's get past October and see where we are before we start worrying about November.

Injuries happen too. We are missing two of our better defenseman as well.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
11-2 . . . book it!

We come home in first place overall in the Eastern Conference

And NBCSports finally decides to put us on the Game of the Week! With Jeremy Roenick in the studio . . .

Moosie

Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
Oh, Lord. Protect the New York Islanders in the month of November. Help them to rise above mediocrity and achieve victory. Amen

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I hope deHaan and Vis are back by then or it is going to be a long very month. Even so, if we somehow come out ahead by then get happy because this team is headed towards something good in April.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Really, the religious and non-religious alike need to get together and pray, meditate, sacrifice or whatever to you god(s) that we can avoid the brutal slide this team is notorious for. I am so tired of our season ending in December. If we even have more than a three game losing streak I think we will need to hire private military contractors and have Cappy forcefully removed.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Every team has to do that west coast gauntlet, so I'm glad we get it out of the way early. Plus, better to have the hard teams first and adjust our staff as necessary.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
So, just looking at the schedule. Turns out that November is going to be ROUGH

At Sharks
At Ducks
At Kings
At Coyotes
At Panthers
Lightning Home and Home
Penguins Home and Home
Home for Flyers
Home and Home with Capitals
Home vs. Devils

It's basically the inverse of February 2015, which looks like a cream puff in comparison. Unless NYI are win 5 of the next 8, it's going to be hard to be over 500 by the end of November even with a much improved team.

Id be happy if we win 6 of those....

Its like the league knew our woes in pleasegodNOvember and just made it that much harder...

Could have gone without having the Sharks, Ducks,and Kings...Wheres the Oilers Flames, and Nucks? lol

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
11-2 . . . book it!

We come home in first place overall in the Eastern Conference

And NBCSports finally decides to put us on the Game of the Week! With Jeremy Roenick in the studio . . .

Had to bump my comment up onto the first page.

Do I get a prize if we finsih up November like this?

Yeah . . . it was kind of a flip prediction . . . BUT . . .

And we already got the national TV game . . .

:laugh:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Had to bump my comment up onto the first page.

Do I get a prize if we finsih up November like this?

Yeah . . . it was kind of a flip prediction . . . BUT . . .

And we already got the national TV game . . .

:laugh:

Awesome prediction, although I'm sure you only half meant it at the time.

Winning these final 4 will be possible considering who we have already beat. The only game I'm really concerned about is whichever game Johnson starts during that back to back against Washington and NJD.

Aside from that, your prediction was short one game. There are 14 games total. Do you switch the prediction to 11-3 or 12-2?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Awesome prediction, although I'm sure you only half meant it at the time.

Winning these final 4 will be possible considering who we have already beat. The only game I'm really concerned about is whichever game Johnson starts during that back to back against Washington and NJD.

Aside from that, your prediction was short one game. There are 14 games total. Do you switch the prediction to 11-3 or 12-2?

It would be weaseling if I go 11-3 since I was thinking 2 losses. I'll go with the 12-2 just so I can't be accused of backsliding . . .

If you're over 21 and come to the Brooklyn meet-up we'll buy you a beer. Otherwise, your prize is a good team.

I am but I live in Boca Raton so I'll have to take a rain check for now . . .

damn . . .

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
It would be weaseling if I go 11-3 since I was thinking 2 losses. I'll go with the 12-2 just so I can't be accused of backsliding . . .

I am but I live in Boca Raton so I'll have to take a rain check for now . . .

damn . . .

I think I DO deserve the beer . . .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad