GreatestSnowOnEarth
One Year 800k deal . Sick.

Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 9.41.36 AM.png

Reactions: Myopinionsarewrong

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
What’s sick about that? Novak is a very serviceable bottom 6 C who has nothing to prove at Milwaukee anymore.

That being said, I’m in the camp of starting to move some of the vets and starting a rebuild.

What’s sick about that? Novak is a very serviceable bottom 6 C who has nothing to prove at Milwaukee anymore.

That being said, I’m in the camp of starting to move some of the vets and starting a rebuild.
it would be not be sick to shoehorn him as a bottom 6 center when he is producing at a better rate than a few of our supposed top 6 guys who can also play center

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I like that Poile is getting some guys signed anyway. There aren't going to be many/any openings on our opening night roster next season, I suspect, but Novak has clearly earned that contract.

Would be nice if he pulled off something to get one of the bigger names (Glass, Jeannot, Fabbro, Carrier, Lankinen) locked up early... I take these Smith/Novak deals at least as a sign that he's thinking about these things, even if it would be a little too good to be true to get the bigger names signed in advance also.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I like that Poile is getting some guys signed anyway. There aren't going to be many/any openings on our opening night roster next season, I suspect, but Novak has clearly earned that contract.

Would be nice if he pulled off something to get one of the bigger names (Glass, Jeannot, Fabbro, Carrier, Lankinen) locked up early... I take these Smith/Novak deals at least as a sign that he's thinking about these things, even if it would be a little too good to be true to get the bigger names signed in advance also.
Some of those bigger names you listed won’t be on this roster next season.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Even as a big fan of Fabbro, I agree with this. Can't pay a guy being used on the 3rd pairing, close to $3M a year.

The McDonagh trade will haunt us for a long time.
I think the McDonagh trade sealed the fate of Fabbro or Carrier as long term options for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad