GDT: Nov 17 - Avs @ Maple Leafs - We should have a decent chance here... (TSN4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Avs have won three straight but are a bottom feeder in the west as well.

Should be an interesting tilt. Leafs fortunes would, yet again, depend on goaltending it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Colorado Avalanche at Toronto Maple Leafs: Tuesday game preview

Nathan MacKinnon and the Avalanche arrive at the Air Canada Centre riding a three-game winning streak

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...toronto-maple-leafs-tuesday-game-preview.html

By: Mark Zwolinski Sports reporter, Published on Mon Nov 16 2015

Avalanche at Leafs

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck drop: 7:30 p.m.

TV: TSN4

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Key matchup: James Reimer vs. Nathan MacKinnon. The fleet-footed Avalanche star notched three points when Colorado beat the Canadiens Saturday, giving Montreal its first regulation loss in nine home games. MacKinnon scored two goals in 13 seconds to come within four seconds of the two quickest goals in team history. Reimer was one of the NHL’s weekly stars after winning three games and posting a .952 save percentage.

Need to know: Colorado has won three straight, on the heels of a two-game losing streak . . . MacKinnon’s line, with Mikhail Grigorenko and Matt Duchene, notched nine points collectively against Montreal, including seven in the first period . . . Duchene was named the NHL’s first star of the week Monday, and has scored four goals since a report more than a week ago suggested he could be trade bait in Colorado if the team falls out of contention . . . The Leafs catch a bit of a break with Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog serving the second of a two-game suspension for a hit to the head on Boston’s Brad Marchand last Thursday.

Up Next: Friday at Carolina Hurricanes, 7 p.m.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Reimer is beinf praised left right and centre, he's had a string of really good games, I really hope if we lose or reimer lets in more than 2 everyone doesn't start saying he sucks again

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Reimer is beinf praised left right and centre, he's had a string of really good games, I really hope if we lose or reimer lets in more than 2 everyone doesn't start saying he sucks again

well it depends
if he sucks while doing it, then i'm pretty sure he'll be told he sucks.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
well it depends
if he sucks while doing it, then i'm pretty sure he'll be told he sucks.

A goalie isn't bad if he has a bad game, just like he isn't elite when he has a string of good ones. I hope people can remain objective.

Reimer is good, he's due for a stinker, but if/when he has one he won't automatically become a "sieve". Just like bernier is in a slump right now but he's still a good goalie. Even price has really bad games, doesn't make him sucky.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
A goalie isn't bad if he has a bad game, just like he isn't elite when he has a string of good ones. I hope people can remain objective.

Reimer is good, he's due for a stinker, but if/when he has one he won't automatically become a "sieve". Just like bernier is in a slump right now but he's still a good goalie. Even price has really bad games, doesn't make him sucky.

that is obvious.
however. at the same time my point still stands. if he doesn't play well tonight ie: looks horrible. people are going to say he sucks. it doesn't matter if you were really due for anything, if you look bad that day, you're bad, and people will say so.

you can still think he's a good goalie, and admit that he sucks, or was a sieve that night or whatever the case may be.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
that is obvious.
however. at the same time my point still stands. if he doesn't play well tonight ie: looks horrible. people are going to say he sucks. it doesn't matter if you were really due for anything, if you look bad that day, you're bad, and people will say so.

you can still think he's a good goalie, and admit that he sucks, or was a sieve that night or whatever the case may be.
Thats not what I was talking about in my original post though. I'm talking about talent level and skill and overall quality, not each individual game performance,which obviously people are going to critique, as they should

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
Down here is Australia, I don't have many mates who like hockey.

However, I do have one - He's a hardcore Avs fan. I'm a hardcore Leafs fan. So, we've both taken the day off, we're gonna get pizza and beer and watch the game together.

So while I'm totally in for the tank, please please please get up for a good game, Leafers. It's my one shot at bragging rights till 16/17.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Down here is Australia, I don't have many mates who like hockey.

However, I do have one - He's a hardcore Avs fan. I'm a hardcore Leafs fan. So, we've both taken the day off, we're gonna get pizza and beer and watch the game together.

So while I'm totally in for the tank, please please please get up for a good game, Leafers. It's my one shot at bragging rights till 16/17.
Haha that sounds fun, none of my friends are hockey fans and a lot of people don't take me seriously when I tell them I am.
Lets hope they get a win for us,and outplay the avs while they're at it ;)

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
With Matty Duchene in town and rumoured on the block this is a great opportunity for Sweet Lou Lam to pull off a blockbuster trade and get the Avs to leave him behind when they depart town.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
With Matty Duchene in town and rumoured on the block this is a great opportunity for Sweet Lou Lam to pull off a blockbuster trade and get the Avs to leave him behind when they depart town.

I imagine there would be a pretty hefty price tag that comes with Duchene. Great player though, obviously.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I imagine there would be a pretty hefty price tag that comes with Duchene. Great player though, obviously.

As long as its not Rielly, Nylander or Marner I'm in.

Big Fan of Duchene a local Ontario kid that would look good in Blue and White playing close to friends and family.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

There certainly are a lot of rumours about Duchene but he is scoring and playing very well lately and the AV's are on a 3 game winning streak, they may want a lot for him but I'm on board with getting him, if we can swing a reasonable deal, either Bozak or Kadri and Gardiner would be a good swap, they get a player to replace Duchene and the defenseman they want.

Tyson Barrie has also been mentioned in trade rumours but I don't have quite as much interest in him.

Last edited:

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

Being objective, maybe he's a sieve that has put together a string of good/lucky games. Ya know, kind of like stopping Sedin on the left side of the crease (from Reimer's view) as he's looking for the puck to the right of the net. Was that a good save or a lucky one? Did that make him good or lucky? Could he still be a sieve that was lucky?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
There certainly are a lot of rumours about Duchene but he is scoring and playing very well lately and the AV's are on a 3 game winning streak, they may want a lot for him but I'm on board with getting him, if we can swing a reasonable deal, either Bozak or Kadri and Gardiner would be a good swap, they get a player to replace Duchene and the defenseman they want.

Tyson Barrie has also been mentioned in trade rumours but I don't have quite as much interest in him.

Kadri and Gardner were the players I was thinking of as potentials in the transaction. :)

Even a JVR for Duchene type scenario. Duchene would fit nicely in Toronto a good building block for Mike Babcocks system as he is only 24 years old.

He should have a good game tonight as many local Ontario kids tend to do when they play against our Leafs.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Being objective, maybe he's a sieve that has put together a string of good/lucky games. Ya know, kind of like stopping Sedin on the left side of the crease (from Reimer's view) as he's looking for the puck to the right of the net. Was that a good save or a lucky one? Did that make him good or lucky? Could he still be a sieve that was lucky?
You could absolutely think that, and yeah reimer got lucky for a lot of his saves.

Not arguing anyone's opinion of reimer, you are entitled to yours and I am no one to say your wrong. Opinions are all subjective. I'm just saying I hope people don't change their overall opinion of each goalie after each game. Like omg reimer sucks, then the next game he's an elite goalie, or bernier is better, omg bernier trade him he will never be a starter, omg bernier i knew he had it in him.

Ya know what I mean? Critique them when they are bad, praise whats good, but a lot of people expect too much when one goes on a hot streak and others just give up when one goes on a cold streak. I guess I'm saying the actual quality of the goalie is somewhere in between and doesn't change as radically as people's opinions of said goalie

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
^ I think by the ASB when enough ppl have jumped on the Leafs bandwagon, it will be a little less, but still harsh in it criticism to our goalies' performances, Reimer in particular. If we by some miracle make the playoffs, Reimer will be lauded as the Leafs' saviour again.

White Water Kayker

Nov 28, 2014
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 2m2 minutes ago
Looks like Frankie Corrado will continue to wait for Leafs debut. Appears Marincin will replace Harrington tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad