Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Down a man there’s no excuse not to control and move that puck if need be. Our execution and poise was all off tonight. It’s not how our PP vs their PK will look moving forward. It can easily flip back with some execution and poise when we get back to our top level game imo.
Well...its that classic sports conversation around if the defence affected the other teams ability to execute or if the offence just didnt execute well enough on their own accord.
In this game I'm inclinced to give their PK a little more credit.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well...its that classic sports conversation around if the defence affected the other teams ability to execute or if the offence just didnt execute well enough on their own accord.
In this game I'm inclinced to give their PK a little more credit.
With how we looked in general at 5s I wouldn’t give them too much credit and I’d say we just weren’t at our best. But yes it’s a classic debate, could go either way. We will find out in games 6 AND 7.

Reactions: guymez

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
here comes Saturday..regading his other 18 players
8qcnuf.jpg

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Just hasn’t been there. I’ve said this last year as well and was bombarded on here for it but McDavid just hasn’t really strung together a good run outside of 2022. 2 goals through 10 games ain’t it.

No that's not remotely enough from the best player in the world. It's put up or shut up time. If you gotta start cross checking guys to afford space then so be it. The refs are looking the other when they're water skiing you anyways. No excuses anymore, put pucks in net.

And the Timberwolves absolutely eviscerated the Nuggets by 50 tonight.

When is the last time the Oilers decisively destroyed a team like that in a big game? We don't have that dog in us.

Not enough players with the dog in us for sure. Prime example of the dog is Ekholm taking a hit to make a play last game. Just not enough of those. None of these finesse drop passes and spin cycle maneuvers. Punch em in the mouth and create space for yourself.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hard to imagine that he would bring less than Perry.
One of the better chances we got in the last 40 minutes was Perry’s net front jam play. Besides Henriques snipe I don’t remember much from him in driving individual offence, that said Henrique a smart player than can contribute without being a driver. So yeh I’d like to see him in as long as he’s healthy, cause if he’s not 100% we can’t risk any mistakes.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
In the last 14 months Vancouver has added Lindholm Zadorov Hronek Soucy who have all been impact players. Holland has added….an injured 34 year old Henrique who can’t centre his own line.

They had the depth and balls to take out an entire line of Lafferty Mikheyev Karlsson because they were “passengers” and were rewarded with absolutely no passengers tonight. Huge indictment of this organization.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Foegs at least goes into the dirty areas.

It’s not even just the lack of hits with McLeod it’s his refusal to even get into a rough board battle or scrum. The playoffs are a battle and you can’t have a soldier that won’t go over the trench.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I see some are starting the fire the coach train already. Surely this teams suck has nothing to do with Nurse-Ceci playing 2nd pairing minutes, being forced to run a 32 y/o AHL journeyman as a starter, and having geriatrics like Ryan and Perry in the bottom 6.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
One of the better chances we got in the last 40 minutes was Perry’s net front jam play. Besides Henriques snipe I don’t remember much from him in driving individual offence, that said Henrique a smart player than can contribute without being a driver. So yeh I’d like to see him in as long as he’s healthy, cause if he’s not 100% we can’t risk any mistakes.
I think that Henriques net front play has been more impactful than Perry.
I also like that Henrique is a center.

He also has much younger legs. ;)

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
In the last 14 months Vancouver has added Lindholm Zadorov Hronek Soucy who have all been impact players. Holland has added….an injured 34 year old Henrique who can’t centre his own line.

They had the depth and balls to take out an entire line of Lafferty Mikheyev Karlsson because they were “passengers” and were rewarded with absolutely no passengers tonight. Huge indictment of this organization.
We aren’t losing here on depth. We are losing because the best player in the world is being destroyed by JT Miller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad