Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Oilers hire another rookie coach that we sign long term and does the exact same thing the last couple coaches did cause they don’t f***ing learn from each other.
Not excusing it, but really the coach is put in this position by Holland. This team is incapable of winning games 1-0, 2-1 as they can't close out games and choke leads. The bottom 6 cannot score with consistency or regularity. Janmark, Brown (despite their game tonight), McLeod, Foegele, Ryan, Perry, Desharnais, Ceci, Nurse are all offensive black holes. RNH/Kane are complimentary players, and Hyman is hit and miss as to whether he can generate.

What is left is a team that is forced to run McDrai to death essentially whenever they are losing or the game is tied. Partner that with the aforementioned penchant to choke leads, and you're painted into a corner.

Oct 15, 2008
I hate to say it but it ain’t working. Other teams don’t beat us, we beat us.

Most glaring for me tonight is KK for some unforeseen reason played 29 & 97 over 30 minutes a night in the first 3 games with the predictable result that they’d be out of gas in a long series. Tonight, they were out of gas. The PP had no spark and McDavid lets his man go with 30 seconds left in a 2-2 game.

Bottom line is we look old and we look slow and I doubt we advance.

Team needs a tear down in key areas.
What are you suggesting? This team without McDavid or Draisaitl is not making the playoffs. After the top five nothing has any value to get anything worthwhile in return…add to that we are bereft of picks due to our less than stellar TD booty.

We be fooked

Reactions: FunkyChicken

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Put in Stecher and Broberg, boot Perry and Ceci. Play Nurse on the wing in the 1st line.

My solutions to this mess :)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers are going to win game 7. Frustrating loss, but the Canucks don't have the team to close out a fame 7 against the Oilers. They are not Vegas; they are LA.
Good spirit but tonight I'm no longer feeling it. If the Oilers were going to battle harder in this series it would've been there in game 4,5.

We have to win game 6 even to get a game 7 and Nucks have nothing to lose here.

Nucks are totally buying Tocchet game plan and have hard enougn D to give us some problems and constantly finishing checks. By the end of the third tonight McDrai were looking terrible, getting beat to pucks, bent over exhausted.

not sure we're coming back from this. Not impossible but without Pickard series is already over.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Need more youth and speed in the lineup but the prospect cupboard is bare and goldilocks has left the building.

Sounds like Holland is moving to Columbus so it will be a new chapter for the club.
Good riddance. Year 27 and still glaring holes on this team. Take your nepotism hire son with you.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Getting murdered in the faceoff for this series was not on my bingo card.
This is my absolute shock. Never saw that happening. Adding getting physically dominated was also not what me or my Magic 8-ball predicted. Have to say though that I was watching Tocchets' pressers and knowing how he's molded their team's belief, I had a very bad feeling about this game. Still the Oilers lost this with a flaccid, low energy PP in the first after they got the early goal and lead they needed. Different game if the 'historic' PP shows up tonight but its' two key players, McDavid and Bouchard were lost in space.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Leafs fans in this situation would throw in the towel. Let’s not be Debbie downers and completely tank any chance we have. If we believe we can’t win, it will self manifest as it does for the Leaf’s every single year since 1967. Be better, be Oilers fans.

So like I said get your pissing and moaning out of the way tonight, I know I will, then realize that our team with the two best players in the League can and will Win this series.

Oct 15, 2008
Henrique is more of the same. They need someone who has more of a give a shit motor.

Holloway is that but then you worry about his defense since that line needs at least one defensively responsible forward on it.

Holland blew it at the deadline. Not nearly enough added.
He blew it long before that. Everyone knew neither our d or goaltending were near good enough.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Yup, makes no sense to me. Dude should just ride into the sunset. He got his Cups. No one is saving the Blue Jackets, certainly not washed up Holland

Hey now, let him GM for Columbus. And get him on speed dial for some trades :) Maybe he will take Jack Campbell! Remind him that you can't get Jack Campbell for free of course. Can't squeeze us!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not excusing it, but really the coach is put in this position by Holland. This team is incapable of winning games 1-0, 2-1 as they can't close out games and choke leads. The bottom 6 cannot score with consistency or regularity. Janmark, Brown (despite their game tonight), McLeod, Foegele, Ryan, Perry, Desharnais, Ceci, Nurse are all offensive black holes. RNH/Kane are complimentary players, and Hyman is hit and miss as to whether he can generate.

What is left is a team that is forced to run McDrai to death essentially whenever they are losing or the game is tied. Partner that with the aforementioned penchant to choke leads, and you're painted into a corner.
I mean you say that but every coach has done it and it leads to us losing. So they aren’t forced they just aren’t good at getting the most from their players.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It seems that during down times like this amoungst the board, that a "pick me up" is sometimes needed. Kind of like finding a little sliver of blue in the dark clouds. I will try to help in that regard for those that care for it. There is nothing like looking at nature scenes and the wonders of our world. Look at the beautiful calm water, for instance, as well as the lush green grass.
1715924263663.png

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Man I have not ever seen a worse fan base than the Nucks fans on the mains. I won’t back down.

This is why they were the most hated fanbase in 2011 and everyone was cheering for Boston to cream them.

Unfortunately there are a lot of jealous morons that would rather that shitbag team oust the Oilers.

You'll see a lot of tunes change if / when that Cinderella team advances

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Bouchard and Kane had terrible games,
Paying a first plus for a guy who can't play through a little pain and a fourth liner they'd rather play slow ass Ryan over how could that be seen as anything but a brilliant move?
How stupid is this?
Have you spoken to Henrique or the medical staff to know how injured he is?

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Hyman seems to be avoiding criticism probably more than he should. He has 0 points in the last 3 games, and is a -2. I love the guy, but he's not getting it done right now. Part of that is McDavid is really struggling, no doubt, so I'm not going to go nuclear on Zach or anything; I'm intending this as fairly mild criticism. But he needs to find another level, as do a lot of other guys.

Reactions: soothsayer

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
100% think they can win game six. But the reality is game 7 with an exhausted beat up team looks very tough.

For some reason we are not hitting everyone. Why are checks not being finished on Hughes?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
McLeod line had that one nice wrap around at least. Top line created nothing.
True dat. I thought Perry might greasy goal that wrap around. But was having heart palpitations on every Foegele missed net shot that it was coming back 200 feet. Agree, this was lost on Line 1 being dominated. That and PP in period 1 going slow coma.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Bouchard and Kane had terrible games,

How stupid is this?
Have you spoken to Henrique or the medical staff to know how injured he is?
Henrique and Carrick weren’t worth a first to begin with and wasn’t what we needed. We need goal scorers who could bring it. Henrique is another Nuge but old.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This is my absolute shock. Never saw that happening. Adding getting physically dominated was also not what me or my Magic 8-ball predicted. Have to say though that I was watching Tocchets' pressers and knowing how he's molded their team's belief, I had a very bad feeling about this game. Still the Oilers lost this with a flaccid, low energy PP in the first after they got the early goal and lead they needed. Different game if the 'historic' PP shows up tonight but its' two key players, McDavid and Bouchard were lost in space.
I think that we need to give some credit to the Canucks PK.
They really took away time and space especially when it came to McDavid and Draisaitl.
I thought it was a brialliant adjustment on Tocchets (Van coaches) part.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Hyman seems to be avoiding criticism probably more than he should. He has 0 points in the last 3 games, and is a -2. I love the guy, but he's not getting it done right now. Part of that is McDavid is really struggling, no doubt, so I'm not going to go nuclear on Zach or anything. But he needs to find another level, as do a lot of other guys.

I think Hyman is really beat up. Taken some huge hits in the series. McDavid and Drai too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad