Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Holland doesnt deserve the dignity of "being retired" should be fired day after this season is over.

Zero done to help this team. For all you "muh Henrique" first round pick for a guy who isn't no where near that value.

Stretcher
Carrick
Gagner
Perry

So much garbage additions this year.
The deadline additions are looking terrible no doubt. We needed better

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The lack of energy tonight was really concerning. After Vancouver tied the game there was no offensive effort. Game plan looked like it was just skate across the blue line and take a shot at the net and hope it goes in. The rest of the game looked like it was just a matter of time until the Canucks scored the winner. It was hard to imagine a scenario where the Oilers were going to score a goal.

Reactions: Keggatron

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
being the oldest team in the league really showed tonight

Canucks were quicker, more physical and their battle level was high

McDavid is either tired, injured or sick....he was awful
Ekholm looked off tonight. And in his p post game presser sounded like he as a cold. Need his Viking ass to heal up quick. And yeh McD was just not feeling it tonight. He’ll respond in game 6 though, that’s what greatness does.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McDavid was the player most responsible for the loss but without doubt Knob is doubling down on stupid playing McDrai together and over playing them period.

You are trying to win a cup. Four rounds. Likely 22+ games with a needed 16 wins. At 6 wins and only the second round you gas your best players this badly.

It's f***ing stupid.

Even if we somehow win this series how the f*** is the team supposes to win with their best players on empty the rest of the way.

So stupid. So predictable. Only reason we didn't just lose the series is because Knob pulled his head out of his ass and didn't play Skinner.

Next game play your f***ing depth. Split Mcdrai, and start f***ing Pickard. What's the over under on that cause I bet on Knobslob doing exactly the opposite.
McDrai had been split for 5 periods in a row. Mcd responded to that by being absolutely nothing in game 4 and 5. They only got back together in third period, and again in desperation, and trying to get McD going. To get the Oilers going.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wow really sounding like Leafs fans now.

Maybe what those psychos at CP say is right, maybe we are the Leafs of the west...

81hk.gif
Is he wrong? We go from losing to Colorado in the conference finals to losing to Vegas in the semis to losing to the f***ing Canucks in the semis.
Ok keeping a running tally of things we need for the next season.

- Starting Goalie
- Top 4 defenceman, maybe two
- Top 6 winger
- a 3rd Line
- New GM
- New Coach

Is that everything?
same things we needed when Holland showed up, yeah.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I think I’m moving from Vancouver to Toronto if we lose this series. Atleast then I don’t have to hear those obnoxious fans for an entire year

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
This team needs pure goal scorers. Drai is good from his spot and other areas but to me isn’t a true sniper.

We need a kempe type, and the bottom 6 needs something too.

Unfortunately the effort is the biggest concern and it has been for years.

Connor is baffled post game but also had a shit game, it will be interesting to see if he’s injured. Still shouldn’t affect judgement.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Had to build out a team with useful players through the lineup. We just play the crap out of 5 guys as our only hope to win. Need to win every series in 5 and have lots of huge lead time to rest our top guys. None of that in this one, we had to ride 5 guys into the ground every single game.
There’s no excuses here. Best players need to be your best players period. If you can’t rise to the occasion in big moments you don’t win cups period.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Henrique and Stecher would absolutely make a difference.

Canucks played their slowest players tonight. It wasn't speed or motor. No one f***ing showed up for 2 periods

The team literally played like it was some random game in January (not this January obviously)
I am not so sure.
This team wasnt a Henrique and Stecher away from a win in this game.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Putrid effort, wasting a good game by Pickard.The Canucks came to play, Oilers were exclusively passangers.

Canucks substantially improved for the playoffs by acquiring Lindholm and Zadorov. We got a way over the hill Perry and two players that are not even playing.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Oilers have lived and died with their PP. Otherwise, they do very little 5 X 5. And that goes for the superstars as well. Tonight, we were given 5 PP's and did absolutely nothing with them. Expected result.
True, the PP is the main engine and in a critical game it goes AWOL.

As I have said about the playoffs, it gives you a clear look at what is good and what is bad with the team.

Hindsight is 20/20 but starting Pickard in game 3 was something that even so called "hockey experts" suggested.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Ok keeping a running tally of things we need for the next season.

- Starting Goalie
- Top 4 defenceman, maybe two
- Top 6 winger
- a 3rd Line
- New GM
- New Coach

Is that everything?
New coach? Why? What does he have to work with ? What would you have done differently?

Reactions: TB12

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Draisaitl, Mcdavid, Hyman, Bouchard and Ekholm looked dog tired. A consequence of lack of depth, and having 2 third pairs who can't move the puck. There was a shift late in the third where Ekholm willingly got off for Kulak in the Ozone while the other 4 were still on, I've never seen that before.

Bullshit excuses man

They didn't show up. Outplayed by the Oilers 4th line

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Ekholm looked off tonight. And in his p post game presser sounded like he as a cold. Need his Viking ass to heal up quick. And yeh McD was just not feeling it tonight. He’ll respond in game 6 though, that’s what greatness does.
This is what happens when Ekholm is off. He makes such a difference for this team.
The glue that holds this D together.
I mean...just look at Bouchards game tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad