Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We’ll beat them at Home then shock them in Van with another win.

If this team has shown me anything this year is that they can and will respond.

McDrai will not go quietly into the night. This loss sucks, get your pissing and moaning out of the way tonight and be ready for 2 straight victories.
They went quietly into the night tonight, they went quietly into the night last year.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The Canucks best players were a lot better than the Oilers best players.
Vancouver was much better 5x5. Ran the Oilers show.
Won puck battle after puck battle which was brutal to watch. Hammered the Oilers at every turn.
The PK for the Canucks owned the Oilers PP.

Bouchard went from great to absolute garbage in 48 hours. How does that happen?
Worst Dman on the ice. Gave the puck away 3 times on 1 shift.

Too many passengers and that was especially true regarding the teams best players.

The better team won.
It will be over on Sat if these same versions of each team show up again for game 6.
Putting together all the facets of the game always seems to be a problem.

You can't blame the goaltending tonight and the supporting cast was a bit better.

Get a goal from the biggest stars and its the Oiler's game.

Apart from Mc-D, what has happened to Hyman?

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
They were dominated all night. Bouchard, McDavid and Draisaitl the worst players on the ice.

Drai looked good early but damn he was terrible after the first few shifts. He took a pretty big cross check on the early PP. Wonder if he reaggravated something.

McDavid just hasn't been right all season. Yes 100 assists but he just hasn't had that gear.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I actually thought that the Vancouver D start feeling fatique from defending so much in the series. Guess I was wrong. Everyone on the Nucks gave an 110 percent effort. F them anyway...

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Not even upset, which kinda sucks.

Seemed completely inevitable when the entire team aside from Pickard stopped playing for the last two periods.

The f*** else was gonna happen?

Yup. They played so trash I wasn't even (that) mad. Which is ridiculous

Reactions: lopper

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
I'm outta here, this place is so toxic after loses. It's not an elimination game
We been here before against LA. Yes it was a brutal game after going up 2-1. Absolutely caved by the Canucks but again they get a lucky bounce to win

Crazy how good Pickard has looked in 2 games
If only knobnuts made the change a game or even 2 earlier

It's going 7 guys....

As upset as I am about this game I'm as equally confident we come out game 6 and pop off and cause a riot in game 7. If you've (not you specifically) given up already then I'm glad you're not on the team.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Game 6 will go one of 2 ways:

Win, and it will be a 5-2 game of pure domination

Or

Lose: we will have a 2 goal lead and sit back only to give it up and get undisciplined, 4-2 loss. PP chance at the end of the game to tie it but lay an egg.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Canucks are clutch they find a way to get big goals consistently. McDavid 1 point in 3 games. Not winning shit with that second period effort. 2nd goal was a gift. This is the final 8 you don’t give away free goals anymore.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Someone on Reddit was saying they heard the team is sick (Ekholm was sick the game before, so maybe?)

If so, no fresh bodies to come in?

What the f*** is up with this team it's always something

Canucks are getting swept next round to rub salt in the wound

Maybe our gameplan tonight was to infect the Canucks for Saturday

• Haha
Reactions: lopper

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
McDavid gave up on his check with less than a minute to go. Bouchard with the giveaway. Skinner with terrible play in the 1st 4 games.

We beat ourselves. Again and again.

Time to tear this thing down this summer as it ain’t working.

Had to build out a team with useful players through the lineup. We just play the crap out of 5 guys as our only hope to win. Need to win every series in 5 and have lots of huge lead time to rest our top guys. None of that in this one, we had to ride 5 guys into the ground every single game.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
No way tonight’s loss is on Picks. I would have liked some calmer legs on goal 2 but that goal is squarely on Bouch.
Agreed. No clue what he was thinking or doing.

Perry was terrible. McDavid was terrible. Hyman can check into the series at any time.

Reactions: Keggatron

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
As upset as I am about this game I'm as equally confident we come out game 6 and pop off and cause a riot in game 7. If you've (not you specifically) given up already then I'm glad you're not on the team.
The boys played like the gave up tonight.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
I'd say that Pickard deserves another shot in the net in Game 6. Sad as it may be, I don't think I have the confidence right now in Skinner to backstop this team in an elimination game.

Don't have a lot of positive things to say about tonight, but I have no doubt that the players themselves are aware that another effort like that will lead to certain elimination on Saturday.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad