Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Van played well but Gary’s game managers drive me crazy. It was like we were in the obstruction year.
It’s been the obstruction half decade. We’ve been trending to mid nineties hockey obstruction for awhile.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
We’ll beat them at Home then shock them in Van with another win.

If this team has shown me anything this year is that they can and will respond.

McDrai will not go quietly into the night. This loss sucks, get your pissing and moaning out of the way tonight and be ready for 2 straight victories.

Not Canada Drai

♧ Lem
Jul 7, 2019
Edmonton
Pretty sure Vancouvers hits have destroyed us tbh. Our forwards are slow and scared for the most part. 0 zip like we had at the start of the series. Getting dogshit goaltending and not winning in 4 has f***ed us.

I say that yet have complete confidence we win in 7 lmao.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Well just like last year’s Game 5 debacle we put ourselves in a position to win the game through at least the first 20 minutes, but decided to throw that away with a combination of atrocious effort, worse execution, and goals, once again, effectively scored into our own net.

Our best players were shit tonight, and I’m not just talking Connor and Leon. The power play was shit, their refusal to shoot was shit, their passing was shit, and worst of all their battle level was shit.

This group has to find a way to simplify when we don’t have momentum or our legs. The soft area passes in this game were f***ing ridiculous and red meat for the other team that was decisively out skating us to loose pucks.

That’s enough Corey Perry. He had one for the Nucks tonight and he is a liability. He can’t play at this pace. Also enough Ceci. Joke again tonight.

We’re going to be fine in Game 6, I feel fine about that, but this group seems to choose to collectively disintegrate if we get pushed on at all in Vancouver. Bunch of guys need to think about what they need to do individually to make a f***ing impact next game and stop this incompetent nonsense. Getting outworked in a playoff game is f***ing inexcusable.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Someone on Reddit was saying they heard the team is sick (Ekholm was sick the game before, so maybe?)

If so, no fresh bodies to come in?

What the f*** is up with this team it's always something

Canucks are getting swept next round to rub salt in the wound

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
The Canucks best players were a lot better than the Oilers best players.
Vancouver was much better 5x5. Ran the Oilers show.
Won puck battle after puck battle which was brutal to watch. Hammered the Oilers at every turn.
The PK for the Canucks owned the Oilers PP.

Bouchard went from great to absolute garbage in 48 hours. How does that happen?
Worst Dman on the ice. Gave the puck away 3 times on 1 shift.

Too many passengers and that was especially true regarding the teams best players.

The better team won.
It will be over on Sat if these same versions of each team show up again on Sat.
Canucks came to fight an all out war. Oilers came for an afternoon skate.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Vancouver plays Tocchet hockey, which wins in the playoffs. Knob is not nearly intense enough and his teams work ethic matches his personality and demeanour.

Edmonton has dominated them practically every game of the series outside of today and couldn't get any goaltending.

Today they get unreal goaltending and put up one of the worst efforts in a very, very long time.

That was early decade of darkness days hockey. That has nothing to do with coaching.

None of them wanted the puck on their stick. As soon as it hit it, it was turned over. Self inflicted wounds.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I'm outta here, this place is so toxic after loses. It's not an elimination game
We been here before against LA. Yes it was a brutal game after going up 2-1. Absolutely caved by the Canucks but again they get a lucky bounce to win

Crazy how good Pickard has looked in 2 games
If only knobnuts made the change a game or even 2 earlier

It's going 7 guys....

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Been watching for going on 25 years now.

That was one of the worst f***ing efforts I have ever witnessed from this team, which is arguably the most talented team in 25 those years.

It is hard to comprehend how disgusting they played.

The 2nd and 3rd was a series of get possession, flick the puck to center, lose possession. Rinse, repeat. For 40 minutes. Made me want to claw my eyes out.
Agreed that was horrific in such a big game

Reactions: McBigYak

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Pitiful series from McDavid probably the worst of his career playoff wise. Three games miller has fed him his lunch. I think they lose game six and we here all the I don't know what happened responses from players. Did silvos make a single difficult save after goal number two if so I didn't see it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What can you say? We were out worked, out battled and out skilled by a better team.

Canucks were the better team and deserved the win.

This team for whatever reason doesn't want it enough.
To keep in mind we outplayed Nucks 3 games in this series badly outplaying Nucks as they did to us tonight. But stewed Skinner threw two of those games away. its why I say throwing games in playoffs is so dangerous. you simply can't have a starting goalie be as bad in the series as Skinner was. ultimately that too catching up with Oilers, ironically now.

Pickard would have won every one of the first 4 games but his team was badly outplayed today for first time in series. Canucks have more juice because they've played some one period games.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I understand the criticism of McDavid but will the cult face up to Bouchard's play or are you to gone for that?

Waiting for the laughing boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad