Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Vancouver plays Tocchet hockey, which wins in the playoffs. Knob is not nearly intense enough and his teams work ethic matches his personality and demeanour.

Reactions: rickysusedsht

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
McDavid can show up to this series any time now.
Captain McD with another invisible game everytime we are in critical battles in series and in danger of going out.

Inexcusable that McD has been as bad as he has for two consecutive games in an all important game 4 and 5. Fortunately we got the win in game 4, thanks to the Drai line.

History won't be kind to moments like this. Every other superstar when they have to take the team on the back in a close pivotal game they do, that is if they ever are SC winners.

McD was beating himself all night flubbing passes, shooting wide on everything and being an absolute question mark positionally. Even on 4 on 4 McD isn't finding open ice.

he's captain, and it falls on his shoulders for having two rotten games in a row in the playoffs.

Reactions: Keggatron

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It might be the case with Mc-D that he's just played too much hockey and the tank is low. Whatever the case, he has played some of the most indifferent games in his career in the last week.

Oilers haven't had much puck luck in the series apart from game #2.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
McDavid has 1 point in his last 3 games.
Completely outplayed by Miller.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Lauren Kyle probably texted Connor she’s preggo like Victoria Beckham did to David Beckham

Not saying that is remotely true, but I was honestly surprised when they got engaged. If I was a professional athlete, I'd delay getting married as long as possible. Literally just for legal reasons.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I feel like I’m beating a dead horse but I’ve mentioned multiple times you will not win with this group. One of Mcdavid or Drai need to be traded for proper depth. As much as it sucks to say it’s the truth.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The Canucks best players were a lot better than the Oilers best players.
Vancouver was much better 5x5. Ran the Oilers show.
Won puck battle after puck battle which was brutal to watch. Hammered the Oilers at every turn.
The PK for the Canucks owned the Oilers PP.

Bouchard went from great to absolute garbage in 48 hours. How does that happen?
Worst Dman on the ice. Gave the puck away 3 times on 1 shift.

Too many passengers and that was especially true regarding the teams best players.

The better team won.
It will be over on Sat if these same versions of each team show up again for game 6.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Meh, I feel no emotion. This team just doesn’t have it. They never will. Rip off the bandaid and end this in 6 so that we can all move on with our lives and enjoy the summer.
It's funny (or not funny) but I felt the same way. When Miller scored I wasn't even mad, I just sort of....expected it and just went "meh".

The series is still up for grabs but it's obvious that even if they squeak by the Canucks and their 3rd string goalie, the Oilers are easy fodder for the next team. The way Vancouver played tonight (and full credit to them, they played a great game) is the way Colorado and Dallas play every game, it would not be pretty even if they made it to the WCF.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Ngl we've played better than them for 4/5 games and got Skinned twice. That was a vomit inducing effort tonight and our first completely deserved loss of the series.

Pickard was good. Everyone else can burn the tapes and go on. It's a 7 game series for a reason. Show them some sort of effort on Sat

Reactions: TB12 and lopper

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Embarrassing effort for any playoff game, let alone a game 5. Completely outplayed by the Canucks, Miller made us his bitch. Our stars were no shows. Will never again get 5 PP’s, and we screwed the pooch. Too bad for Pickard, only guy who showed up.
I remember a game last year against Vegas and we all complained we hadn’t got any PP in previous games, only to have a similar performance where out PP disappeared.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
For anyone that gets mad after tonight’s loss, it’s not worth your time.

Pathetic effort deserves zero emotion.

Reactions: McDrai

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
We got outworked tonight, but they will be ready for game 6, home crowd energized Vancouver tonight big time.

This is exactly why you cant have a goalie gift wrap them the first couple games in a series.
Exactly right. This was the only game the Canucks really deserved to win. Meanwhile, the Oilers gifted two games due to ECHL goaltending. Pickard will start game 6 and the Oilers will take game 7.

Reactions: TB12

Kirby

Sponsor
Jan 31, 2009
Edmonton
Glad McDavid took that extra time to rest at the end of the regular season instead of chasing personal milestones....oh wait

Reactions: soothsayer

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I can't listen to any f***ing sports shows or podcasts because they all tell me how f***ing great Bouchard is, non-f***ing-stop.

I'm 100% convinced they are getting paid for relentless adulation of Bouchard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad