Post-Game Talk: Not good enough.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
That was a rough one, could have won a game they deserved to lose. The good news, not eliminated yet, the bad news, if they play another game like that it's probably over.

3rd round would be this year's ceiling though, barring injuries I don't see them winning more than 2 games against the stars or avs. It's been fun but just not sure Mcd and Dra will win it all here and that does suck! Anyways, win game 6 and give yourself a chance!

These last 3 sentences came across like a children's cartoon talking about nuclear war.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I think I’m out for next game. What a terrible show from almost the whole lineup.

Chance to rise up…but nope. Wet fart noise

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The much more deserving team won. One team came out to win a playoff game, the other came out like they're booking vacation reservations.
Either the Oilers come out with a purpose in Game 6 to win a playoff game or they can doom their legacy for eternity because that game is the last we'll see of this group together if they lose and maybe that's not a bad thing if tonight is any indication.
They aren’t winning Saturday night. They don’t have it in them.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Been watching for going on 25 years now.

That was one of the worst f***ing efforts I have ever witnessed from this team, which is arguably the most talented team in those 25 years.

It is hard to comprehend how disgusting they played.

The 2nd and 3rd was a series of get possession, flick the puck to center, lose possession. Rinse, repeat. For 40 minutes. Made me want to claw my eyes out.

Last edited:

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
At one point I thought it was gonna shift in momentum, but the oilers just didn't do anything. I'd buy out nurse in the summer and trade ceci, get rid of both

Reactions: rickysusedsht

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Lauren Kyle probably texted Connor she’s preggo like Victoria Beckham did to David Beckham

OilerMcLord

Oct 9, 2003
I'm hoping that 9 of our players are playing through broken legs, torn ACLs, separated shoulders, concussions, and Stone Syndrome (lacerated spleen); and that is the reason why they are playing flatter than piss on a plate.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
A night of giveaways.
McDavid and Bouchard both breaking the double digit giveaway mark. Perry with a nice drop pass to Soucy, get him out of the lineup.
Worst game I've seem McDavid play. Can someone teach him to cover the slot guy?

Positives:
Holloway, Pickard, Desjarnais and the 4th line were good.
I didn't notice the usual Ceci suck, but that may be because he was outdone in suckage tonight.

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Funny thing is if Skinner played this game with the exact same score there would be 10 pages about how he can’t make a save…

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Meh, I feel no emotion. This team just doesn’t have it. They never will. Rip off the bandaid and end this in 6 so that we can all move on with our lives and enjoy the summer.
Same here, maybe they can still win, but it’s abundantly clear they don’t care, they can say whatever they want but their on ice effort tells me everything in need to know.

It’s funny, I’ve used the oilers as an example to my kids soccer team on how not to play for the past 3 years.

Reactions: nally and McDrai

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
That was rough to watch

So many guys bobbling pucks and turn overs all over the ice. Pickard played great, feel bad for him on that GWG

So many ridiculous bounces off skates in this series

Props to the Canucks, they were relentless with pressure which forced alot of the misplays

That turnover by Bouchard was painful.

McDavid was a complete non factor, him and Ekholm looked exhausted at the end of the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad