North Bay Battalion 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Ertel is also is a physical presence....which this team needs.
All four of those OA LW are. Barrie, Erie, Kitchener, NB fans may not be happy with the return of a potential trade.

Arnsby and Christopolous are probably locks. Between Ertel and Zito; who do you prefer kept and traded?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Zito seems to be a fan favorite. Bigger impact on special teams as well. Can play multiple positions.

Ertel seems like the easy guy to flip. Not sure we'd be looking at a great return though.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Zito seems to be a fan favorite. Bigger impact on special teams as well. Can play multiple positions.

Ertel seems like the easy guy to flip. Not sure we'd be looking at a great return though.
A possible disappointing return is what may make Ertel harder to part with.
Either way NB will have great OAs.

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Trade just breaking....NB has made a deal with Mississauga:
To MISS : 6th round pick in 2024
To NB : LW Brice Cooke - 6'3", 195

I did some reading....looks like he's a big body winger capable of scoring 20+. Anybody out there able to tell us a little bit more about what kind of player Brice is? So far, I'm being told it has the potential to be a great pick up for the Troops.

Welcome to North Bay, Brice!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’m guessing Ertel will be moved and final LW spot is between Cooke and MacQueen-Spence.
I think Cooke could add some size and a few goals to the bottom six, and buy the 1st round pick some time before playing a regular shift.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Does someone here know if any of Laird, Romani, and VanSteensel played together in camp?

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Looking at the pre-season roster, import pick Ihnat Pazii is listed as wearing #13. Is he the first Battalion player to ever wear that number?

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Pretty weak effort in nets by Robertson last night. Laird, Smith Amidovski & Cajkovic stood out among the newbies.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
“Looking at the pre-season roster, import pick Ihnat Pazii is listed as wearing #13. Is he the first Battalion player to ever wear that number?”

I wouldn’t be surprised if he is the first, the team had taken the traditional numbering approach, skaters to a max. of 29, no 13, goalies 1 and low 30s. If this is the first step towards the dark side, how long will it be before the goalies are wearing 54 and 79? Being old school, (and old), I much prefer the traditional.

Reactions: Samee987

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Greyhounds also have the traditional numbering format, but we have had a player here or there wear an unusual number. Typically imports or Americans; players that might be tough to recruit that you give a little something extra to. Doesn't mean the tradition is going away.

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad