WC: North American Italians

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I've just never heard of tri-citizenship. Here in AMERICA we like our citizenship singular *spits dip*

Each country sorts it out themselves. You could have as many as you want theoretically unless one country strips you of it

RandyBobandi

Apr 16, 2012
Saskatchewan
I would not like to see the IIHF WC turn into the World Baseball Classic.

I agree I don't want it to turn into how the WBC is set up and just because you can trace your family history to Israel or wherever you can play for that country even though you have never lived there. But I don't mind when guys like Kevin Lalonde who has spent 7 years playing in Belarus to represent that country because he is atleast living there and earning a paycheck in that country. Same with Korea when it comes in next year a quick look at their roster shows 5 Canadian players who have spent anywhere from 2 up to 7 years playing in Korea I'm okay with that because they are earning a wage there living there etc. I think hockey has it right making guys play so many years before they can represent a country. Just because I can trace my family history to Germany doesn't mean I should be able to play for the Germans without ever living there or playing there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad