Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Never understood the complaint. Networks care about making money, and those teams easily draw the most viewers. It's also a lot easier to market the top NBA teams than any other team sport because players like Curry, CP3, and Lebron will have at least 1 highlight reel play a game.

Oh, I know why they do it. If I were a huge NBA fan (which I’m not), I’d like to see different teams on national tv. But as long as the league keeps bringing in the ratings, they don’t care. They don’t care about marketing elite players that aren’t on the super teams. Giannis, Towns, Cousins/Davis, Wall, etc..

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Jay Bruce signed with the Mets. The Giants were reportedly interested in signing him.

I would've signed him here for that contract. 3 years, 39 million isn't terrible for Bruce. Maybe the Giants can swing a deal with the Marlins for Yelich now but apparently they're talking to the Pirates about McCutchen.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I would've signed him here for that contract. 3 years, 39 million isn't terrible for Bruce. Maybe the Giants can swing a deal with the Marlins for Yelich now but apparently they're talking to the Pirates about McCutchen.

Feels like they've been talking to a pirates for more than a year.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They’re still looking for CF. Lorenzo Cain or billy Hamilton seem to be the most common names associated with the Giants.

Was there a source for this since McCutchen has been a CF his whole career? Could that be obsolete rumors at this stage?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Was there a source for this since McCutchen has been a CF his whole career? Could that be obsolete rumors at this stage?
That was their plan from before. It could change obviously. They need pirates to retain salary if they want to sign Cain or trade for Hamilton.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That was their plan from before. It could change obviously. They need pirates to retain salary if they want to sign Cain or trade for Hamilton.

He played some right last year but moving to a corner position isn't a big deal but I'd hope they go after Yelich if they can pull that off.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Pence is moving to left, and McCutchen will play right.

I don't think they have the prospects to get Yelich since he'll only hit free agency in 2021 at the earliest (the Marlins have a club option for 2022). Then again, it's the Marlins, so who knows.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The Houston rockets play the worst style of basketball. I can’t watch them play, it’s unberable. I’d rather watch the kids at the park.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Jimmy Garoppolo re-signs for 5 years, 137.5 million with 74 million guaranteed. 49ers pretty much had to do it and they got the space for it.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I wouldn't have a problem with it if Sherman was actually good, which has hasn't been for like 3 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad