Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I'll watch SportsCenter with SVP or their late night one from LA as background noise but that's it other than live sports.

I rented a room from a guy in the 80's who's stipulation for renting the room was that if he was home he got to watch what he wanted in the living room. That guy was home every day after work, parked himself in front of the TV and watched ESPN until he went to bed around 11 :laugh:

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
I still can't believe that the 49ers traded up for C.J. Beathard. :laugh:

At this point I have no reason to not trust Shanahan, CJs receivers lead the league in drops(or close to it) while having a **** OL. I thought they would go after Peterman, but if thats the guy he wanted he has to work with him. Either way its a shot in the dark, none of the QBs in this class should of been in the first round so.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
At this point I have no reason to not trust Shanahan, CJs receivers lead the league in drops(or close to it) while having a **** OL. I thought they would go after Peterman, but if thats the guy he wanted he has to work with him. Either way its a shot in the dark, none of the QBs in this class should of been in the first round so.

There was this statistical analysis on reddit about how QBs who don't have a completion rate of like 58.5% in their draft year usually bust at like a 99% rate. So on the one hand, CJs receivers are terrible. On the other hand, statistics.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
There was this statistical analysis on reddit about how QBs who don't have a completion rate of like 58.5% in their draft year usually bust at like a 99% rate. So on the one hand, CJs receivers are terrible. On the other hand, statistics.

Personally I don't think any of the QBs in this draft should of been taken by the 49ers

After the first round, they can have their reach.

ALSO
KITTLE

giphy.gif

Kittle-NW-TD-Block.gif

One of my favorite tweets from last year

Last edited:

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Last edited:

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I'm fine with taking a chance on Beathard, especially given how the rest of the draft went.

That's about how I feel as well. Taking him in the late 3rd round as a project QB isn't a bad move, IMO. If he flops it's not like the future of the franchise was mortgaged to get him.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That's about how I feel as well. Taking him in the late 3rd round as a project QB isn't a bad move, IMO. If he flops it's not like the future of the franchise was mortgaged to get him.
I like Lynch and Shanahan's explanations in the video above, too. They didn't just stat check and pick the guy. They watched film, got to know him personally, and put him in a role he can take his time in. Every time Lynch and Shanahan speak I become more impressed with them.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The A's are trash. Giants are trash. So ready for the Sharks season to start again.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
It's not even close. the Giants are the worst team in the majors right now.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Giants don't have the pitching that 2010 team did, especially with Bum hurt.

The Giants outfield is also a joke. Pence isn't the same player and they're just rolling out minor leaguers at this point who stink, and that includes Span. He is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad