Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Outside fo the first quarter, the 49ers looked good today. I liked the in game adjustments from both Offense and Defense, and that 9 minute drive in the second half was a great road drive. Hopefully the 49ers have some Running Backs for next week though. It was kinda sucky on that Running Back front with the injuries.

Reactions: Sandisfan

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
They did, but outside of Hurts Philly has 0 playmakers on offense. Next 3 games will be better tests defensively.
Don't agree with that at all. Devonta Smith, Reagor and Saunders are all dangerous players. The defense was phenomenal yesterday. Offense a different story, but it seems to me Shanahan was hiding the playbook for next week's SNF game.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Don't agree with that at all. Devonta Smith, Reagor and Saunders are all dangerous players. The defense was phenomenal yesterday. Offense a different story, but it seems to me Shanahan was hiding the playbook for next week's SNF game.
They have ability but none of them are prime time players. Let’s see how they do with a guy like Adams.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I think it's time for Bob Melvin to start preparing to pack his bags. Doesn't matter if everything is his fault or not.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I like Lance's talents and awareness but the playcalling they use with him is not good.
Yeah, they have to gameplan differently with Lance, which they'll get a chance to do this week. The Niners had that game, their D played so well in the 1st half and the offense couldn't do jack. It'll be interesting to see how long Garappolo is out, because if it's more than 1 week I expect him to not get the starting job back.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah, they have to gameplan differently with Lance, which they'll get a chance to do this week. The Niners had that game, their D played so well in the 1st half and the offense couldn't do jack. It'll be interesting to see how long Garappolo is out, because if it's more than 1 week I expect him to not get the starting job back.

If the Niners continue to use a similar game plan, Garappolo will see more time because Lance will get injured.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If the Niners continue to use a similar game plan, Garappolo will see more time because Lance will get injured.
See the talent on Lance. Arm and mobility. But, too many off script plays for him.

Week of full reps at practice should be huge for him assuming Jimmy G is out for the next game. Have to go on the road to the unbeaten Cardinals.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I would venture to guess that's because he hasn't been getting many reps in practice and he's a 20 year old. I suspect with a full week of practice as the QB1 the playbook will be much more opened up.

They also completely changed their formations for him and strategies for him. He will get more reps but the type of playcalling they will do will likely be similar. I don't see it being good for his development to continue calling plays like that. They should just stick to the sort of plays they call for JG and have him learn to work well within that.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
They also completely changed their formations for him and strategies for him. He will get more reps but the type of playcalling they will do will likely be similar. I don't see it being good for his development to continue calling plays like that. They should just stick to the sort of plays they call for JG and have him learn to work well within that.
I guess we will have to wait and see. I think it's smart to utilize him in formations that are conducive to his running ability. That was a huge selling point of drafting him. He provides some mobility like most of the elite QBs in today's game (Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Herbert, etc)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I guess we will have to wait and see. I think it's smart to utilize him in formations that are conducive to his running ability. That was a huge selling point of drafting him. He provides some mobility like most of the elite QBs in today's game (Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Herbert, etc)

True but those guys still run fairly traditional offensive styles that they deviate from with Lance.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Playoffs should be reseeded after the wc games. To place value on certain wins and not all of them is senseless. This series isn’t fair to either team.

I’ll enjoy watching, though.

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad