Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Bummer end to the Warriors season, but it's a perfect microcosm of how the year went, Klay and Wiggins providing nothing of value and the team relying on a 36 year old Curry and a bunch of young players to do everything

If they are smart this will be Klay Thompson's last game as a Warrior, but I don't think Dunleavy has the stomach to make the hard decision

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
Not exactly what I was expecting the 49ers to do there.

Classic Kyle WTF pick lmao
The WR they drafted was rated 3rd round or later by many. Classic overdraft where those making the choice thinking they are the smartest guy(s) in the room. I can't think of a team that went off the board that much, that hasn't ended up with egg all over their faces. If you love that player you know almost certainly that the player will be there later at least trade down 5 to 10 spots to get some more ammo! UGH Facepalm :thumbd::facepalm:

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The WR they drafted was rated 3rd round or later by many. Classic overdraft where those making the choice thinking they are the smartest guy(s) in the room. I can't think of a team that went off the board that much, that hasn't ended up with egg all over their faces. If you love that player you know almost certainly that the player will be there later at least trade down 5 to 10 spots to get some more ammo! UGH Facepalm :thumbd::facepalm:

This seems okay.

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose

This seems okay.

That card is an athletic rating and obviously there have been great athletes at WR who were bad at being receivers like going on the correct route, running good routes and catching the ball although one thing said about him was good hands. You have to admit that if he could have been picked 10 picks later then trading down and getting more assets is for sure the right way to go. Now of course there is intrigue in the draft and maybe they knew he would be picked soon after but almost always teams that go far off the board almost always get egg of their faces.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
That card is an athletic rating and obviously there have been great athletes at WR who were bad at being receivers like going on the correct route, running good routes and catching the ball although one thing said about him was good hands. You have to admit that if he could have been picked 10 picks later then trading down and getting more assets is for sure the right way to go. Now of course there is intrigue in the draft and maybe they knew he would be picked soon after but almost always teams that go far off the board almost always get egg of their faces.
I don't disagree with moving down. I'm sure they tried to, but maybe all the offers were way too far down.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
DW type hipster draft choice. Should have traded down if you were going to reach. Might be good but could have had more out of the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad