Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don't get how anyone could seriously care about the NBA. It's looking like the final four teams left standing will be the ones that were picked in the preseason by almost everyone.

3 teams have won 8 of the last 9 Stanley Cups, and those 3 teams all drafted in the top-5 in back-to-back years.

Since 2010, the NBA has had more parity amongst championship winners than the NHL has.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
3 teams have won 8 of the last 9 Stanley Cups, and those 3 teams all drafted in the top-5 in back-to-back years.

Since 2010, the NBA has had more parity amongst championship winners than the NHL has.

I guess I didn't realize that there were so many different NBA champions lately. I really don't follow the NBA much that I guess it just seemed that way.

The Warriors won last night. Ho hum.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The Rockets are the epitome of everything that sucks about basketball. It’s all one on one garbage, it’s not a team game at all and they have a bunch of whiny bitches who throw their heads back and dive like soccer players. I hate watching them.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Way to go Draymond. He passed the ball instead of calling timeout after getting the rebound so they couldn't advance it to half court and then fumbled and turned it over. So many turnovers and stupid shit in this game. Chris Paul and Ovechkin couldn't get passed the 2nd round all these years and it looks like they might both make the finals in the same year. The stars are aligned for those two.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Way to go Draymond. He passed the ball instead of calling timeout after getting the rebound so they couldn't advance it to half court and then fumbled and turned it over. So many turnovers and stupid **** in this game. Chris Paul and Ovechkin couldn't get passed the 2nd round all these years and it looks like they might both make the finals in the same year. The stars are aligned for those two.
The Warriors are playing like absolute garbage, so they deserve to lose. They’re trying to beat the Rockets at their own game, and that’s not what makes the Warriors a great team.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Too many turnovers and too much ISO ball from Durant. he was trying to be the hero all game long and that is not the Warriors game at all.

Some really confusing decisions towards the end too, like passing to Cook for a 3 with a minute left when down by 1. The Draymond stuff that has already been mentioned. Letting them abuse Curry on defense on every possession.

The whole last 5 minutes of that game was some of the worst basketball i've ever watched, just fouls after fouls after fouls. The frequent timeouts that cut to commercials as well made it damn near unwatchable.

Reactions: Lebanezer

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don't think I've ever watched an entire Lebron James game on ESPN, my god it's terrible. It's as if the rest if the team doesn't exist.

Except I’m pretty sure that’s literally how the team plays. It reminds me of Hertl in game 6 against Vegas where only one player is doing anything, and that player is significantly better than everybody else, but it might or might not be enough.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Except I’m pretty sure that’s literally how the team plays. It reminds me of Hertl in game 6 against Vegas where only one player is doing anything, and that player is significantly better than everybody else, but it might or might not be enough.

I get that, and he’s incredible, but even when other guys do something it’s: “What a set up by Lebron!” or “What a screen by Lebron!” Not to mention after the 2016 Finals win, which Kyrie Irving pretty much carried them to in Game 7, all the talk was about Lebron. It’s no wonder Kyrie left to do his own thing.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The support cast was huge defensively. LeBron got them a lot of looks in the first 3 quarters then said f*** it, if you can't make open 3's then I'm shooting every trip.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The Warriors are so irritating because they can play so well and sometimes they just play like a really good team, instead of a great team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad