Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Boston overtook Tampa in the Atlantic. Tampa had a huge lead over everyone earlier this year.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I must admit, I get a some amount of pleasure at Garth Snow's incompetence. How many prospects is he going to be allowed to ruin?

Foligino for Ho-Sang?
I think it's debatable on Ho-Sang being "ruined" by the Islanders. I recall many teams avoiding him like the plague on draft day. The kid isn't coachable...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Last night I was watching a YT video on emergency backup goalies that have signed 1 day contracts with teams, and most of them have either sat on the bench all game, or the coach tried to put them in the game late and the refs said no, etc.

But the Hawks had a 36 year old emergency backup goalie tonight against Winnipeg, that they put in with 14 minutes left in a 6-2 game, and he stopped all 7 shots he faced. Amazing.

Foster (the emergency backup) gave probably the best post game interview of the season too.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I thought Bernier had been their guy lately... or am I completely imagining that? :laugh:
Looks like Bernier has played one game in the last month and a half. They split time for most of the year, though, and he had a big stretch where he was the guy.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Avs are screwed. I would be doing a happy dance, but not when it's because of injuries.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Avs are screwed. I would be doing a happy dance, but not when it's because of injuries.
And now we may be screwed without Suter.

Meanwhile, I pray to the Hockey Gods that the Jets get knocked the hell out as soon as possible. Some people over there need to have their egos lowered down a notch or two. Seriously! Should we have to face them, I hope Wild fans are quick to the ticket sales, because our arena could end up being 50/50.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
BREAKING NEWS!!!!
COLORADO AND MINNESOTA AGREE TO MERGE THEIR TEAMS FOR THE 2018 PLAYOFFS!
LINES AS FOLLOWS
Granlund-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Landeskog-Staal-Zucker
Parise-Koivu-Niederreiter
Winnik-Cullen-Coyle

Brodin-Spurgeon
Barrie-Dumba
Seeler-Prosser

Dubnyk
Stalock

Wabit

May 23, 2016
that Barrie/Dumba pairing...:confused:. Not exactly a couple of defensive stalwarts.

Both RHS too. I'll take Dumba's defense over Barrie's any day. I'll take Barrie on the PP over Dumba, so it's kind of a fair trade-off?

Kerfoot and Sodberg over Cullen and Winnik. Swap Granny and Zucker.

for d-pairs (run the top-4 even ToI):
Brodin/Dumba
Zadorov/Spurgeon
Seeler/Barrie

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Sedin twins are retiring after the season. 18 years, all with the same team, both with over 1300 games played and over 1k points. That's a couple of pretty good careers.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I'll miss the NHL's classy McPoyles, who I didn't realize were still playing. Likewise the third Sedin brother, whose skin they used to upholster the tiny fuel-efficient car they've piloted to work together these past three decades.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Can't argue with the numbers. The Sedins scored 136 points in 168 games against the Wild.

Good careers.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Dammit, I'm watching the Avs feed of the LA-Colorado game and the "Jagermeister Shot of the Game" is exactly the sort of trashy that appeals to me. Damn you, Avalanche!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
That loud noise you hear is every Blues' fan screaming, "Go Kings Go!"

And hello, Winnipeg Jets!

Last edited:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Blues are doing everything to allow the Avs to take that final spot. They should be in desperation mode, yet only have 3 shots in the 3rd period of a tie game. WTF!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad