Non-KHL territory fans who follow the league

habsturies

May 27, 2012
Baja California Sur
My next question would be where do many of you get your KHL news, rumors, etc besides here at the forum. Any particular website that has good reliable KHL news/rumors?

in comparing with NHL when you can get info 24hr a day,yes,it's hard to find some stuff (in english,for me) about KHL and the teams that i follow.

I supose i had to learn some russian,;)

eal

Sep 5, 2014
I have become a KHL fan this year since laola1.tv have been showing games. I am from New Zealand originally, but have been living in the USA for the last seven years or so. In the NHL I am an LA Kings fan, not quite sure who to support in the KHL yet. So hard to decide when you have no links with any of the cities.

• Love
Reactions: Bijelo

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
I have become a KHL fan this year since laola1.tv have been showing games. I am from New Zealand originally, but have been living in the USA for the last seven years or so. In the NHL I am an LA Kings fan, not quite sure who to support in the KHL yet. So hard to decide when you have no links with any of the cities.

Was hard for me too. Well, some things to consider:
- is the team run professionally and not a complete mess
- marketing in your language or one you understand
- nice arena (in case you want to go there for a game)
- good players (not necessarily stars like Kovalchuk or A. Radulov)
- do local fans even care? if the arena is always empty its not fun to watch
- has the team a long history?
- are their games exiting to watch?
- geography (its easier to relate to a team if it is closer to you and you know more about the home town, e.g. St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Riga, Bratislava, Zagreb are the teams I mostly follow, especially as 4 of these places are from our supra-national EU; have no clue about places like Khabarovsk, Novokuznetsk or Khanty-Mansiysk at all). It's just easier to understand rivalries and what wins against certain teams mean if you know culture and history of a hockey town.

NICKtheGREEK

ΜΑΛΆΚΑ
Dec 4, 2011
Rangerstown
Im from the United States, Ive been a fan of Barys Astana for a couple years now, other than live updates from the KHL app, i am not able to watch the team because I'm not able to subscribe to KHL tv. I also have a Barys app that has significantly improved my Kazakh and Russian.

Last edited:

eal

Sep 5, 2014
Sibir might be worth supporting. They seem to have a good fan base and some good players.

Reactions: Bijelo

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
Im from the United States, Ive been a fan of Barys Astana for a couple years now, other than live updates from the KHL app, i am not able to keep up with the team because I'm not able to subscribe to KHL tv. I also have a Barys app that has significantly improved my Kazakh and Russian.

Barys has an app! I've never hear of it, is it any good? Would you mind giving me a link, I would love to get it.

habsturies

May 27, 2012
Baja California Sur
:handclap:

Why do you choose Sibir?

well,I'm a die-hard habs fan (Montreal Canadiens),so as you know
Sibir got a convenium of colaboration in the 80s,i guess.
Add that the original logo of Sibir (the flying puck) is like a kind of son
of Habs logo.

but ,let me tell you this,my favourite hersey & logo is the cyril and dark blue,no doubt.This actual "pittsbourg 3rd" light blue + the snow-logo is killing me :cry: Please come back to the roots.!

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Do you have a picture of this flying puck?

The logo they had until this season:

251px-HC_Sibir_Novosibirsk_Logo.svg.png

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Im from the United States, Ive been a fan of Barys Astana for a couple years now, other than live updates from the KHL app, i am not able to keep up with the team because I'm not able to subscribe to KHL tv. I also have a Barys app that has significantly improved my Kazakh and Russian.

this is nonsense, of course you can subscribe

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
i subscribe for tveteka, they have khl tv and it's 10 a month if you sign up for at least 3 mo at a time. they have their share of problems, just like any itv, that is not a media giant.

ariesboychik

Feb 21, 2014
Long Island, NY
i subscribe for tveteka, they have khl tv and it's 10 a month if you sign up for at least 3 mo at a time. they have their share of problems, just like any itv, that is not a media giant.

I have TV Teka as well, that is how I am able to watch many of the KHL games. Do you use TV Teka with any type of connect device? Roku, Smart TV, etc?

I also watch the KHL games that are available on ONE World Sports, as they show 2 games a week and all of the KHL playoffs.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
my ex had tvteka on roku, I watch it through a web-browser on my samsung smart tv, however I have installed it as an app, but not using it, since, If I am not mistaken it cots more.

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
I'm a European hockey fan and currently working in Gibraltar.

I started to follow the league closely in 2012 and this season I went to see Jokerit vs Barys and two Slovan matches, vs Dinamo Minsk and Atlant Moscow.
Thanks to my activity, I'm watching the matches on KHL TV and Russia2 almost on a daily basis. Also, I'm using some live-stream websites to watch some matches at home.
If the case to pick a team I'll go with Avangard Omsk (great arena, history, usually offensive style of play and if you want outstanding cheerleaders;) ). I have other teams that I fancy on a different level, but Avangard is my main organisation from Russia.
Non-russian clubs... I want all of them to do well and preferably to add more:D

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
I'm from Vancouver Canada, and as my nickname would suggest I am/was a supporter of Donbass. I'm half Ukrainian so there's my connection. I haven't watched the NHL for about 20 years, but love the Euro brand of hockey. I started watching the K a few years ago and am hooked now.

As Donbass have suspended operations pending the outcome of the war in Eastern Ukraine, I have adopted Sibir as my team, until/if Donbass return.

I watch the games on onhockey or livetv. I would happily pay for the service, but as I live on the west coast of Canada and many if not most of the games are played during the week, I would get little return for my investment.

Just for the record, I also follow pretty much all the other Euro leagues and have favourite teams in several of them.

Go Sibir!!

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I'm from Vancouver Canada, and as my nickname would suggest I am/was a supporter of Donbass. I'm half Ukrainian so there's my connection. I haven't watched the NHL for about 20 years, but love the Euro brand of hockey. I started watching the K a few years ago and am hooked now.

As Donbass have suspended operations pending the outcome of the war in Eastern Ukraine, I have adopted Sibir as my team, until/if Donbass return.

I watch the games on onhockey or livetv. I would happily pay for the service, but as I live on the west coast of Canada and many if not most of the games are played during the week, I would get little return for my investment.

Just for the record, I also follow pretty much all the other Euro leagues and have favourite teams in several of them.

Go Sibir!!

You can always buy the all games season package from KHL TV for next season, it costs about $73 CAD, where you get access to all upcoming games and archive games (in case you want to save a game for later)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad