Non-Hockey Sports Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Being cleared to play and still being able to play are two different things. I hope he still had the ability to, but only time on the field will show that or not.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm kind of watching the price of Cubs tickets today. If they drop enough, I'll pick one up and go to the game tonight.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Transcription stolen from here

Ben Goessling on Teddy via the Access Vikings Podcast
"He has been working out, obviously for the last 13 months but work he has done, recently, from what I have heard, has him in position to get back by the middle of the season. You know, doing, I, I cant divulge all of it, or exactly what he has been doing, just to, I don't want to betray confidences, but suffice (it) to say, he has been working in a lot more game-type situations then you might think. It has not been this controlled environment all of the time. He has been doing some things to get himself ready, as much as he can to take contact and to do all of those things in a game situation where we say, okay he is going to have to be able to protect himself, he is going to have to be able to move on the run"
"From what I have heard, from what he has been doing in rehab, I don't think its far fetched to say he plays in the not to distant future."

http://www.startribune.com/listen-vikings-nfc-north-undergoing-a-quarterback-shift/451308093/

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
When he's cleared and ready to go, there's no way they just give him the job if Bradford's still out. I think they open it up to competition, but at this point of the season, I think you stick with Keenum if he plays how he has been so far this year.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
If Bridgewater comes back and is cleared to play, I think you have to let him play. If he comes back and shows he's not ready, then go back to Case.

The kid had a catastrophic injury, was a model citizen, did everything right, and by all accounts was still a part of the team all throughout his rehab. You shouldn't lose your spot to injury.

If the docs clear him and he's comfortable, he should get his spot back.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
When you have a QB playing near mistake free football and add in the best defense in football, that's a pretty good combo...

But if they're confident Teddy can bring another dynamic and he shows it, then give him a chance I guess...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If he's cleared to play, they need to get him into a game for contract reasons alone. If he's cleared, his contract ends after the season. If not, it gets pushed into next season.

They need to know if they want to sign him again or not.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Catches some of the wolves last night. Plus ca change, plus ca change pas.

They were beaten by an undermanned Spurs team, and looked pretty bad. Tissue paper defense, and poor outside shooting.
Gibson looked bad, and Teague...why did we get rid of Rubio for this guy, again?

Butler looked good. So did Wiggins.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Wolves offense is terrible. No movement, just everyone taking turns ISO.

They were incredibly lucky to win tonight, did everything possible to hand the game away.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
They were incredibly lucky to win tonight, did everything possible to hand the game away.

Sure did. Turnover, shot clock violation, poor fouls and poor possession. It's honestly more of the same for the last...God know how long with this franchise. I know it's early but to lose to SA without their best player on opening night is unacceptable. Then they are very lucky they won last night. I do wish Rubio was still on the team but don't know if it would make much of a difference. I think KAT, Wiggins have hit their ceilings so we might as well sit still for another decade plus of average/below average basketball.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Towns is 21, in his 3rd year of the nba and got better in every conceivable way from 1st to 2nd year. Ridiculous to say he’s already at his ceiling.

Wiggins is only 22, I think he could absolutely still grow and has made strides over the years.

Don’t get me wrong last night was ugly and I’m not super optimistic of the team right now but to say you’re done developing at 21 is pretty nuts.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Just glad the Evil Empire got knocked off. While part of me wanted to see a LA v. NY series, any time the Evil Empire goes down it's a good night..

Rooting for the Stros all the way..

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Again..Wolves making mistakes down the stretch trying to lose but Wiggins made among one of the best shots of his career to win it at the buzzer in OKC tonight. It's good to get win against them in OKC, where we're like 2-14 or something like that.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Sounds like it's a kicking adventure in London. 2 missed PATs and a miss FG already.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Man that vikes game was frustrating to watch. Also, how the hell was that diggs catch overturned? From the views they showed it was clear as day it was a catch

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Vikings are hard to figure out. Forbath is good, but bad.

The Wolves are another head scratcher as well. Beat OKC a couple times but losing to losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad