Non-Hockey Sports Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

The hook and lateral play that works once every 10 years.

Technically, it worked twice the same day, as the Steelers used it to successfully setup a game tying field goal, unfortunately for them, their kicker missed the field goal.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
At this rate I'm hoping this game ends 6-3. Terrible offensive football.

I was just going to ask if the game was any good. I just saw the score 3-0 in the 3rd and wasn't sure if it was a lousy game or not.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The missed Wagner penalty could have significantly impacted this game. Regardless, the Vikes didn't deserve to win either way.

They apparently still have like an ~80% chance at the playoffs, thanks to everyone behind them losing. If they do make it, it'll be a repeat of what happened in AP's MVP season, where we played at home against GB to get into the playoffs, then in Lambeau the next week in the playoffs. Except this one would be against Chicago.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
The Vikings didn't at one point of that game show that they deserved to win. Cousins is vastly overpaid. Pretty disappointing for supposedly being a QB away from the Super Bowl. Keenum could have easily performed the same for way less.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
The Vikings didn't at one point of that game show that they deserved to win. Cousins is vastly overpaid. Pretty disappointing for supposedly being a QB away from the Super Bowl. Keenum could have easily performed the same for way less.

Im kind of curious what happened, the start of the season offense looked good now its almost over and it looks like they over adjusted.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
From everything I have heard (not a Vikings fan), Is that people are not happy with the OC. But I personally don't see Cousins being worth his contract.

A lot of people say OC but i wonder how much is truly on him. Cousins is not worth that no, thats just he going rate. He is a good QB that needs a little more time in the pocket. he seems skiddish sometimes in the pocket.

Superlative Soup

Treasured and Marveled
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
Not sure why Cousins is so hesitant to throw it up to Diggs/Thielen all a sudden. They are the best contested catch duo in the league.

The shoddy oline play all year might be getting to him. Seems to be watching the pass rush instead of keeping his eyes downfield.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Well Cousins struggled against pressure when he was behind a great O line in Washington, so the Move to Minnesota and their average O line cant be helpful. When they played fast and he got to dink and dunk they moved the ball, when they slowed it down they got shut down.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Not sure why Cousins is so hesitant to throw it up to Diggs/Thielen all a sudden. They are the best contested catch duo in the league.

The shoddy oline play all year might be getting to him. Seems to be watching the pass rush instead of keeping his eyes downfield.
Well Cousins struggled against pressure when he was behind a great O line in Washington, so the Move to Minnesota and their average O line cant be helpful. When they played fast and he got to dink and dunk they moved the ball, when they slowed it down they got shut down.

for whatever reason he stood in the pocket and took hits early on, i feel that zim told him to start taking less shots and play it safe and in a way that is somehow hurting us as he doesnt try to fit it in tight windows anymore in turn making him hold the ball looking for a more wide open safe throw and boom pressure is there. id say let the guy play. these last 3 games just cut it loose air it out and let the boys play.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'm pretty surprised to be honest. I sort of wanted that to happen, but it's hard to know how much of the issue was DeFilippo vs. Cousins vs. no running game vs. the offensive line. It's obviously a combo, but what's the core issue? I don't know yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad