Nolan Baumgartner

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowitall

Apr 25, 2002
Northern Icon
Visit site
I was just wondering why he never made it as a NHL regular. He was WHL Defenceman of the year 2 years in a row, World Junior Team Gold Medalist 2 years in a row, high draft pick, good size and he put up good numbers at every level. Why did he never make it? Does anyone think he has a chance to stick as 5-6-7 D-man this year with the departure of Malik & Sopel to VCR's blueline?

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
knowitall said:
I was just wondering why he never made it as a NHL regular. He was WHL Defenceman of the year 2 years in a row, World Junior Team Gold Medalist 2 years in a row, high draft pick, good size and he put up good numbers at every level. Why did he never make it? Does anyone think he has a chance to stick as 5-6-7 D-man this year with the departure of Malik & Sopel to VCR's blueline?

I liked him when the Hawks had him. He was clearly one of our top 4 guys in camp but Brian Sutter made some pretty questionable roster choices. Baumgartner was miles better than Steve Poapst who got a job while Baumer went to the minors.
He captained our AHL team and did a good job there. He was called up once due to injuries and looked solid. He was sent down and the second time up he looked lost.
Sometimes its about getting the right opportunity. I think he is a guy who everything well but he isnt exceptional in any particular area. Not a great scorer, not particularly physical... But plays a solid all around game. Id like to see him catch on somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad