NOJHL 2014-2015 thread

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
CIJHL Teams

Will any of the teams from the collapsing league be able to join the NOJHL? The Attack seems like a very legit organization and it's a shame for them. I don't think we'll ever see Espanola back unless the town gets another team/new ownership?

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
joining

Will any of the teams from the collapsing league be able to join the NOJHL? The Attack seems like a very legit organization and it's a shame for them. I don't think we'll ever see Espanola back unless the town gets another team/new ownership?

I think they will join the MWJHL and create a Cdn division and a US division.
Also joining will be the Kalkaska Rhinos which were independent.
Doubt very much Clayden will ever have anything to do with the NOJHL.
Apparently, quite the **** show in St Charles.

Good hockey people in that league but I would never send my boys to play there.
Hockey Canada may have its warts but they are better organized and the CJHL teams play for a cup at the end of the year. Not sure what the CIHL will do beyond their league play.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Duke the reason I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel.
reason 1 we have yet to play with a full roster because of injuries and suspensions. we have never played with more than 14 players
the players we are adding are good pieces. ex. we traded for Daniel potter in nets. and he broke his hand in his second game. we have had some bad luck.
it is hard building something new. roster has been overhauled to over %90 of new players. and the culture is changing. the town is a real hockey town, good people. right now because of injuries some players are playing roles they should not be playing. and way to many minutes. but within the next couple of weeks pieces will be added and players will return from injury and suspensions..
thanks for time duke

What happened to that light at the end of the tunnel because from down south here it looks like it's a Freight Train !

With so many injuries why did you deal Hulford, your leading scorer.

And what's up with your coaching, you leave Mill's in for NINE goals ? How's his motivation today, or is he already on the bus back to the Beckwith Arena ?

Astroman

Sep 12, 2014
How is the gmhl, what league is it comparable to and is it good for NCAA recruitment

hockeyfan2014

Feb 17, 2013
What happened to that light at the end of the tunnel because from down south here it looks like it's a Freight Train !

With so many injuries why did you deal Hulford, your leading scorer.

And what's up with your coaching, you leave Mill's in for NINE goals ? How's his motivation today, or is he already on the bus back to the Beckwith Arena ?

in one word MONEY!

ECS Scout

Jul 28, 2010
East Coast
No Scholarships or School funding for ACHA programs.
Players pay to play....Maybe the Coach has a good link to the NOJHL

What's the connection between ACHA's Davenport University and the NOJHL. Most of their roster is NOJHL and specifically a lot from Kirkland Lake.

Would these be scholarships at that level ?

Stittsvillain

Nov 3, 2012
They pay to go to school... Less any academic scholarships. Hockey players are smart . Also Nojhl teams recruit a lot of Michigan kids, they go home for school and help recruit other kids they have played with.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
What's the connection between ACHA's Davenport University and the NOJHL. Most of their roster is NOJHL and specifically a lot from Kirkland Lake.

Would these be scholarships at that level ?

No scholarships and this is just "club" hockey at a very low level. It's pay to play .Don't confuse it with Division 1 or 3 NCAA hockey.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
I think they will join the MWJHL and create a Cdn division and a US division.
Also joining will be the Kalkaska Rhinos which were independent.
Doubt very much Clayden will ever have anything to do with the NOJHL.
Apparently, quite the **** show in St Charles.

Good hockey people in that league but I would never send my boys to play there.
Hockey Canada may have its warts but they are better organized and the CJHL teams play for a cup at the end of the year. Not sure what the CIHL will do beyond their league play.

So with the league President now gone, what is the league going to do if/when Clayden resurfaces in Espanola? Will he ever serve his suspension or pay any fines?

Cadesdad

Apr 23, 2015
Hey Roger that will never happen. The team in Espanola is new with good guys at the helm.

Hockeydad35

Jul 15, 2015
Maybe Ottawa kids go to the North to get away from the BS in Ottawa. Who would want to play in a League K.A. Runs anyways all he is about is money. The last thing on his mind is the kids that is why he was thrown out of 3 other Cities. HEO in Ottawa are just to stupid to see thru his BS.

everett331

May 10, 2011
Ontario
Maybe Ottawa kids go to the North to get away from the BS in Ottawa. Who would want to play in a League K.A. Runs anyways all he is about is money. The last thing on his mind is the kids that is why he was thrown out of 3 other Cities. HEO in Ottawa are just to stupid to see thru his BS.

The kids would go there because the league is weaker and theY would have a chance to make the team in the njohl.

Last edited:

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Hey Roger that will never happen. The team in Espanola is new with good guys at the helm.

Hey Cadesdad, I hope you're right. But aren't the coach and GM the same as the last time? I find it hard to believe that those two got there all on their own, but it sounds like you think he's gone so I'll take your word for it and wish them the best.

Hockeydad35

Jul 15, 2015
[

Can't disagree more with you lots of good players have come out of the NOJHL

QUOTE=everett331;105283723]The kids would go there because the league is weaker and theY would have a chance to make the team in the njohl.[/QUOTE]

everett331

May 10, 2011
Ontario
[

Can't disagree more with you lots of good players have come out of the NOJHL

QUOTE=everett331;105283723]The kids would go there because the league is weaker and theY would have a chance to make the team in the njohl.
[/QUOTE]

All the top players I've seen come from the njohl to play in the cchl become average players and most end back in the njohl before the season ends or shortly after.

Cadesdad

Apr 23, 2015
Hey Cadesdad, I hope you're right. But aren't the coach and GM the same as the last time? I find it hard to believe that those two got there all on their own, but it sounds like you think he's gone so I'll take your word for it and wish them the best.
They are the same yes but they have a different philosophy than the previous owner. There are three from last year with both coaches and gm involved. These guys care about the players(kids) well being. Their philosophy is to help the kids get as far as they can whether in be hockey,life and/or education.

hawkeye guy

Jul 7, 2010

All the top players I've seen come from the njohl to play in the cchl become average players and most end back in the njohl before the season ends or shortly after.[/QUOTE]

Bang on. Richard Therien case and point. Superstar in the NOJHL went to CCHL barely a point every other game.
CCHL is a strong league, look at the commits and rosters. Ottawa area guys in the NOJHL are Jr B players with a handful of games in the CCHL looking to say they played Jr A.
BCHL, CCHL, AJHL, OJHL, Then you can argue the order of the rest and their value from there.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Oh boy, for all those who want to "invest" more money in their son's hockey career, you can now hire the founder of the failed Canadian International Hockey League at his new invention Canadian International Hockey Network. His slick new website says he's got 1 remaining NCAA opportunity available. I'm sure the NCAA would like to know what school is allowing him to represent them, when they are specifically limited in the number and types of recruiters they can employ. And the ACHA program he's touting is club hockey at American schools without scholarships.

Last edited:

Labtec1

Aug 9, 2015
[/QUOTE]

All the top players I've seen come from the njohl to play in the cchl become average players and most end back in the njohl before the season ends or shortly after.

Bang on. Richard Therien case and point. Superstar in the NOJHL went to CCHL barely a point every other game.
CCHL is a strong league, look at the commits and rosters. Ottawa area guys in the NOJHL are Jr B players with a handful of games in the CCHL looking to say they played Jr A.
BCHL, CCHL, AJHL, OJHL, Then you can argue the order of the rest and their value from there.[/QUOTE]

Quick thought...the BCHL has many more players arriving that are previously committed Div 1 (my sense a kind of second landing place for a lot of players if they or the school can't get them on a USHL team). While the numbers are very good and the BCHL is a very good league, I am not sure how much they are developing players vs the AJHL or the CCHL. As for those two leagues, the college guys I know (and in my line of work I know many) more and more are going out west to the AJHL as I have been told the depth and talent is deeper out there. Their words, not mine. So, I would maybe rank in this order - BCHL, AJHL, CCHL...but you know what? Where ever a player goes, gets quality ice time and development, and is able to get to the next level then that was the perfect fit for that kid no matter which league it was.

Last edited:

Labtec1

Aug 9, 2015
BCHL, CCHL, AJHL, OJHL, Then you can argue the order of the rest and their value from there.

Quick thought...the BCHL has many more players arriving that are previously committed Div 1 (my sense a kind of second landing place for a lot of players if they or the school can't get them on a USHL team). While the numbers are very good and the BCHL is a very good league, I am not sure how much they are developing players vs the AJHL or the CCHL. As for those two leagues, the college guys I know (and in my line of work I know many) more and more are going out west to the AJHL as I have been told the depth and talent is deeper out there. Their words, not mine. So, I would maybe rank in this order - BCHL, AJHL, CCHL...but you know what? Where ever a player goes, gets quality ice time and development, and is able to get to the next level then that was the perfect fit for that kid no matter which league it was.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad