Noah Dobson vs. Evan Bouchard

Who is better?

• Total voters

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Dobson > Bouchard

Bouchard has really dropped in my rankings. While I could see him being a solid second paring D, he'll never be a #1 or #2. He might have the higher floor, but Dobson has the higher ceiling which is what you want to take with a top 10 pick.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Dobson > Bouchard

Bouchard has really dropped in my rankings. While I could see him being a solid second paring D, he'll never be a #1 or #2. He might have the higher floor, but Dobson has the higher ceiling which is what you want to take with a top 10 pick.
Dobson > Bouchard for me, for sure. But, what the hell are you talking about with “really dropped”; he hasn’t had the opportunity to do anything to go up or down from where the consensus placed him, ~7-8. I’ll eat a shoe if he drops out of the top-10, and my disbelief will be matched only by the incredulous euphoria of whoever snags him.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

lawrence

May 19, 2012
HFboards consensus Dobson is better.

Actual Reality, Bouchard gets picked before Dobson.

Bouchard will post Petriangelo, Ryan Suter like numbers
Dobson will post Edler, Bouwmeester like numbers.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
HFboards consensus Dobson is better.

Actual Reality, Bouchard gets picked before Dobson.

Bouchard will post Petriangelo, Ryan Suter like numbers
Dobson will post Edler, Bouwmeester like numbers.

Evan Bouchard isn’t a sexy pick by hfboards standards but will very likely live up to his draft position.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Evan Bouchard isn’t a sexy pick by hfboards standards but will very likely live up to his draft position.

He's one of the easiest to project D prospects I've seen in a while, literally just has to get a little faster and heavier, and you have yourself a #2/3 ready to go. All the mechanics are there and he reads the play at a pro level already. I'd be shocked if he isn't playing 18+ minutes a night by his D+2 season.

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
I think both will be top pairing defenders along with Dahlin and Hughes but I had to go with Bouchard here because I like his offensive game much more than Dobson's.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I think both will be top pairing defenders along with Dahlin and Hughes but I had to go with Bouchard here because I like his offensive game much more than Dobson's.

I have Dobson higher because I like his defensive game more. I think they are pretty close in term of potential, just a matter of what kind of player you like or need.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
The one thing that concerns me about Bouchard is that he'd have to go back to junior if he doesn't crack the NHL this coming season. He really has nothing left to prove in the OHL and another season there seems kinda like a sideways move to me. Dobson at least will have the challenge of taking on an even larger role with many of his teammates graduating this season. I'll be interested to see if he's able to build on this seasons numbers with what will likely be a weaker supporting cast.

I like them both and would take either @ 7 it'll no doubt be an interesting comparison to follow down the road

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
At 4, I wouldn’t be upset with the Sens getting either one at that spot. Both have top pairing talent. One more offensive oriented, one more defensive.

From what I’ve read (and I’ve never seen an actual game of Dobson’s) I’d lean slightly to Bouchard. Top end offense > top end defense all other things being close.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I'd be happy with either of them a 7 for the Canucks. Bouchard is more polished, and will likely play in the NHL sooner. Dobson has a huge opportunity to improve his stock at the Memorial cup. It is going to be a very tough call for teams, I just hope both live up to expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad