No upsets so far

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone claiming Dallas wasn't an upset is a liar. VGK were expected to cruise right into the WCF with their star studded LTIR cast.
LOL what? Dallas finished with the most points in the west, Vegas was WC2. No one was expecting Vegas to cruise by anyone. It was going to be tight. Are you ok?

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Most had it as a toss up.
You can review the thread if you like.
Maybe some people are just smarter than me. 😂

LOL what? Dallas finished with the most points in the west, Vegas was WC2. No one was expecting Vegas to cruise by anyone. It was going to be tight. Are you ok?
But, but, but Mark Stone. Hertl, Noah Hanifin. LTIR. Ok maybe I dont follow the west enough. 😛

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks winning was an upset. Don't pretend and back track now hfboards.
You realise anyone can open series thread and see poll results. Canucks where 2:1 favourites similar to Florida-Tampa.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Bouchard is better than Makar??????
Well that’s certainly a take. 😆
Yeah, except the point I was making is that Makar is not that much better than Bouchard, not that Bouchard is better. Also considering just this season.

Like I said, Bouchard has one of the best advanced stats profiles in the entire league, while Makar's is slightly above average. You can verify this yourself on any site.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Anyone claiming Dallas wasn't an upset is a liar. VGK were expected to cruise right into the WCF with their star studded LTIR cast.

Dallas winning isn't an upset.

You could say it was a battle of titans though - and if Vegas had won it wouldn't have been an upset either despite slotting at WC2, but at most it was 50/50 either way, at worst Dallas was favored by most to win.

Reactions: Oak and Summer Rose

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
Colorado was the only lower seed to win in the first round, and I would barely call that an upset. Winnipeg was favored, but they were very close together, so it could have gone either way. Just didn't expect Winnipeg's defense to crash and burn so hard.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It at least dilutes the thread's claim because you could say there were no upsets even if Vegas and Winnipeg had won. Winnipeg was the home seed too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad