Speculation: No Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Because each GM have several trades lined up contingent on other moves/other GM decisions?

Once the first non-minor trade falls, it will lynch pin a spectacular chain of events as GMs start ending up with only 1 option instead of 2 or 3. I'm honestly more excited to see what happens with trades and UFA than the draft at the moment.

Reactions: Morrison

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Because each GM have several trades lined up contingent on other moves/other GM decisions?

Once the first non-minor trade falls, it will lynch pin a spectacular chain of events as GMs start ending up with only 1 option instead of 2 or 3. I'm honestly more excited to see what happens with trades and UFA than the draft at the moment.

Very true.

Reactions: Morrison

blackhawks1229

May 17, 2011
Probably have them lined up but if anything they’re awaiting the draft to announce them/finalize. Or the rumors will continue and then Friday will be the next “big trade day” and nothing will happen.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Lots of money issues around the NHL right now. Starting to see some more buyouts, even from teams with cap space like Montreal and Detroit. Plus, major questions as to when the NHL can begin again?

NHL splits revenues with the players, but the costs for things like travel, hotels, cleaning, Covid Testing, etc like that will go up with the extra measure that need to be taken.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
"I'll trade you this contract for a pick."
"No, I'll trade YOU this contract for a pick."
"But I need cap space."
"No, I need cap space."
<awkward silence>

"So you gonna call Steve or am I? I'll give you a 5th in the deal if you call." ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad