Chicago,Illinois
4E7DF905-B466-405D-AE78-2AAC736FEB0F.jpeg

Reactions: d rake

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I misread it for sure.

@featherhawk My apologies.
no need to apologize

guy likely ruined any chance of playing regularly in the NHL again with that hit

good news for him is according to @CallMeShaft post, he has 500+ games played which I understand from a former NHL Captain buddy of mine is the threshold for his full Pension

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
no need to apologize

guy likely ruined any chance of playing regularly in the NHL again with that hit

good news for him is according to @CallMeShaft post, he has 500+ games played which I understand from a former NHL Captain buddy of mine is the threshold for his full Pension
Oh, please stop.
If Connolly never plays another NHL game it will because he can't skate worth a shit.
Most people here were wondering why Hawks gave him a shot in the first place. The NHL game has passed him by because of his lack of mobility, I'm afraid to say.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Oh, please stop.
If Connolly never plays another NHL game it will because he can't skate worth a shit.
Most people here were wondering why Hawks gave him a shot in the first place. The NHL game has passed him by because of his lack of mobility, I'm afraid to say.

Oh ya he sucks and that plays a part but that hit will most certainly not help him extend his playing career...

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Oh ya he sucks and that plays a part but that hit will most certainly not help him extend his playing career...
Actually, some would argue the opposite. I saw with that hit a guy who wanted to prove he could play the physical game and was still capable to play in this league. Another team may bite but I doubt it. Poor skaters are getting rarer by the day.
I reckon Connolly's best (long shot) bet is to try and stick with Hawks in a bottom-6 role but if he does get another shot he needs to show some offense as well as playing responsibly.

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Actually, some would argue the opposite. I saw with that hit a guy who wanted to prove he could play the physical game and was still capable to play in this league. Another team may bite but I doubt it. Poor skaters are getting rarer by the day.
I reckon Connolly's best (long shot) bet is to try and stick with Hawks in a bottom-6 role but if he does get another shot he needs to show some offense as well as playing responsibly.
meh, I see your logic to some degree, that said Connolly has never been a really physical player so I doubt that desire to hit the player would flip a switch in a GM's mind that he is a physical beast of a 4th liner...

Reactions: BobbyJet

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Back to back saturday and sunday so theres a chance. Fleury has been in protocol for a bit so not sure if he is available soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad