No one comes to 11 yr olds B-day party, Leafs+NHLers step up

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Good on the Leafs. Yes, pro hockey players are doing good deeds everywhere. Beautiful! :thumbu:

:bday: little fella!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Any chance parents just ****ed up with the invites? Probably one of those e-vites with a broken link. End of the day, Leafs just bailed mom and dad out.

Not to mention the fact that dad just friend-shamed his own kid......like, "hey internet, no one came to my kid's birthday party. Here he is in a depressing empty room, looking like he just finished crying."

I don't think I'd want my picture taken if I was the kid in that situation, maybe that's just me though. I don't have any kids so I can't attest to the lengths some parents would go but this does seem a bit much.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Not to mention the fact that dad just friend-shamed his own kid......like, "hey internet, no one came to my kid's birthday party. Here he is in a depressing empty room, looking like he just finished crying."

I don't think I'd want my picture taken if I was the kid in that situation, maybe that's just me though. I don't have any kids so I can't attest to the lengths some parents would go but this does seem a bit much.

You know, i kinda had that feeling. Like I mean he made it public and IDed himself so its like telling the internet his son has friend issues? Like i was thinking the last thing i would want to do when i had that occur was to announce it to the world.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

This is my thought too every time I see one of these. Does this kid really want to go viral for not having any friends? Sounds awful.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
You know, i kinda had that feeling. Like I mean he made it public and IDed himself so its like telling the internet his son has friend issues? Like i was thinking the last thing i would want to do when i had that occur was to announce it to the world.
I mean, I wouldn't personally do it, but if the kid is struggling and isn't going to see any of this himself since he isn't on Twitter, what's the harm? The dad was probably pissed off and sad and took a chance and look at the outcome. It probably means the world to his son.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I think the kid didn’t have any friends and the parents set this up on purpose. Lol. Wouldn’t surprise me if most of that is true.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm torn on this tbh, I feel like parents especially today with the ease of access of social media tend to exploit their children a lot of times without their consent. Like I guess it's great this paid off and everyone's happy but like there are definitely posts out there with the same thing that don't get traction and suddenly you've just outed your child as having no friends for no reason.

idk - I get that the intent on this is rather harmless but I feel like having reasonable discourse on this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
It's pathetic really. Zero impact on anyone here yet there are people that feel the need to make up stories and hypotheticals.

Not really, because it's really hard to give stories like this the benefit of the doubt these days with how sick some people are out there and how they'll take advantage of a situation like this for fame

Reactions: MsMeow and Calendal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad