Prospect Info: No NHL Contract for Gilmour

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I have to agree with OKG. AOM is probably our most under-rated prospect. He's not as big as Kanzig. But hes just better art every other facet of the game. He is an underrated skater. And he's mean. Willing to throw his 6'5" frame. Bottom pairing D, but great on PK. 5 on 5. Sweden missed him big time after he went down.

I mean we had this lengthy discussion about adding more physicality. Soooo lets get this kid a contract after next year.
AOM is probably our worst skating prospect, his foot speed and mobility are god awful. AOM has also been knocked for the mental side of his game with his focus. Kanzig is a much better skater, he is meaner, more physical and focus is definitely not an issue. The only area in which AOM might be better is offensively and if he it is not by much.

Let's be honest the appeal in AOM is the unknown, he is the mystery box. Same goes for those who have been enamored with Rafikov when neither will likely ever get a contract.

moon*

Considering Rafikov is having a tough time staying in the KHL I doubt he is ever going to be a player at the NHL level. Like every young guy there is always the chance but that is a pretty bad sign for him.

moon*

I haven't seen enough of AOM to make a definitive evaluation but he did not look very good at the WJHC and looking at his career stats/GP he doesn't look like much either.

6th rounder so no reason to expect much but considering he has reason to stay in Sweden (I believe he has a handicap sister he takes care of) and he is a marginal talent at best it seems unlikely that he ever comes over unless he has a good shot at making the Flames and that is hard to imagine he ever will have.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Perhaps Rafikov is doubtful to ever make it over here, though he is a 20-year-old defenceman and the KHL is a professional league a step below the NHL. I think the last time we saw him against his peers at the WJC, people were genuinely impressed, so that's where the hopes are founded.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Not surprised. Kylington, Morrison, Andersson, Wotherspoon, Kulak, Sieloff, Hickey, Kanzig, and Ollas Mattsson are all ahead of him IMO. Even then, there's only 1 or 2 spots to compete for next season. If Gilmour were signed, he'd be in the ECHL. He'd never get a chance here. I view him on the same level as Eric Roy.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I haven't seen enough of AOM to make a definitive evaluation but he did not look very good at the WJHC and looking at his career stats/GP he doesn't look like much either.

6th rounder so no reason to expect much but considering he has reason to stay in Sweden (I believe he has a handicap sister he takes care of) and he is a marginal talent at best it seems unlikely that he ever comes over unless he has a good shot at making the Flames and that is hard to imagine he ever will have.

I see him as a lesser Scott Hannan. Knows how to position himself, with decent puck movement. Not a wow type dman. Likely a decent #6 if things go well for him.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
We have basically what AOM should develop into on roster, in Jyrki Jokkipakka. They're very similar. Jokipakka is a better skater right now and seems to have more offense but they're otherwise comparable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad