GDT: NO MERCY (October 9, 2016) presented by SMACKDOWN -- Title vs. Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Solid booking maximizes the potential of the roster. The brand with the lesser roster isn't plagued by nonsense booking.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
o_O

My post literally says "too bad Rowan is out and we don't have a full on original Wyatt Family." As in, too bad Rowan is out and isn't there to fill out the trio. Nothing about him being on his own.

I know. But my response was meant to reflect how I really feel about the guy. His absence affects little more than what Harper could do.

I'm curious who RAWR is gonna fight tomorrow night if not Harper.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I know. But my response was meant to reflect how I really feel about the guy. His absence affects little more than what Harper could do.

I'm curious who RAWR is gonna fight tomorrow night if not Harper.

Big Show.

2016 and The Miz and Dolph Ziggler had the match of the year (under the WWE umbrella). What a time to be alive.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they're promoting Becky vs. Alexa for the title on Smackdown, in a town where it's as close as it's going to get to being home for Becky (Glasgow), I have to think that it's going to be the main event of the show.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
After Raw went with the women main eventing, I wouldn't doubt it.

Might be. I'm confident Becky can handle it, but Alexa might be sketchy, it's probably not going to be a 4-star match. But if they didn't do it with Sasha and Charlotte, they could've beaten Raw to the punch with it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If they're promoting Becky vs. Alexa for the title on Smackdown, in a town where it's as close as it's going to get to being home for Becky (Glasgow), I have to think that it's going to be the main event of the show.

They have to. Would be a missed opportunity not to.

Even more so if HIAC is main evented by the women.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
See what LAW thinks

Edit: Don't understand why they moved the matches around despite the debate, and it was set up like free TV and not an on demand program. LAW basically doesn't get why they did the match order like this, and why not put the IC match on last if they wanted to do this?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
IC Title definitely should have closed.

I didn't even realize it until LAW mentioned it. November 8, where Becky and Bliss have the title match in Scotland on Smackdown "Live" which is really a tape delay is going to be on the same night as the Election.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
LAW with one good point of view - that main event opener should have gone on last no matter what. Who cares about MNF, debate, baseball, etc. Wrestling fans will watch or watch on-demand. Imagine picking this up tomorrow and randomly seeing the main event on first. That's a bit weird.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
IC Title definitely should have closed.

I didn't even realize it until LAW mentioned it. November 8, where Becky and Bliss have the title match in Scotland on Smackdown "Live" which is really a tape delay is going to be on the same night as the Election.

YEESH. Poor Becky, no one is going to see it.

LAW doesnt' understand what the deal with the long video promo while the guys were in the ring, but did like the match.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
LAW with one good point of view - that main event opener should have gone on last no matter what. Who cares about MNF, debate, baseball, etc. Wrestling fans will watch or watch on-demand. Imagine picking this up tomorrow and randomly seeing the main event on first. That's a bit weird.

Even if you desperately want the live views, then put the IC match last. You have the close the show on something big.

LAW really liked the match, but found the finish confusing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
LAW if officially tired of Bray's gimmick.

They thought Nikki/Carmella was better then expected. Tag match was good, thought they would flip the titles. Seems exasperated with more Bryan/Miz teases. Totally disliked Corbin/Swagger.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
LAW sick of Bray's gimmick. They do this often. They get sour on a gimmick that is poorly booked instead of the poor booking. Bray's gimmick is A+ money, IMO. The booking of his gimmick is about as bad as you can possibly book a character.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
LAW sick of Bray's gimmick. They do this often. They get sour on a gimmick that is poorly booked instead of the poor booking. Bray's gimmick is A+ money, IMO. The booking of his gimmick is about as bad as you can possibly book a character.

The gimmick is in the toilet. It is bookings fault, but in the end it has ruined it. Bray sitting in his dimension rambling about nothing is 100% meaningless at this point.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
IC Match was MOTN, crowd was hot, great match, should of closed the show according to LAW. Raised the IC Title up.

Low point of the show is the next Bray/Orton promo. They think this program is garbage.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They think that Naomi was not a good replacement for the women, and the match was terrible.

Edit: Aboslutely hate that Randy/Wyatt was the main event and also thought it was a terrible match.

LAW cares more about the Jays/Rangers game then this PPV. Admit they skipped Talking Smack for the game. Understandable since they are Jays fans.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It sort of sucks because nothing feels big in wrestling anymore. Last PPV, Big Dave flat out said he didn't watch it. Each week it feels less important.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It sort of sucks because nothing feels big in wrestling anymore. Last PPV, Big Dave flat out said he didn't watch it. Each week it feels less important.

They just said it again. There is to many PPVs and the special feeling is lost.

Mentioned that having Sasha win in the cage in Boston could of been nuclear huge. They do think they will main event.

They LOVED New Day Jeri/KO, they LOVED the tease of the break up, but also don't want it because they don't want JeriKO to break up.

Just pouring compliments on Jericho.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Any form of The Undertaker's gimmick from the 90s would look like **** with today's booking, to be honest. Wyatt is a gem.

Oct 18, 2011
i tend to favor the title match main eventing, but i get it, the debate was going to steal viewers, and if you were on twitter like i was the results would be spoiled anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad