Proposal: no caps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
i didn't change my name, but i did change my user title or whatever it's called. i use capital letters too much, and always capitalize the usual proper nouns and titles, so this all looks super weird to me.

it would be hilarious if the rangers entire website could be lowercase. that's probably impossible though.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
i didn't change my name, but i did change my user title or whatever it's called. i use capital letters too much, and always capitalize the usual proper nouns and titles, so this all looks super weird to me.

it would be hilarious if the rangers entire website could be lowercase. that's probably impossible though.

nothing is impossible to a willing heart

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
ktf.gif

145.gif

i'm pretty sure that's a capital k

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
my ocd might actually kill me

yeah, for some of us this is a lot harder than many of you would think!

wait... are exclamation marks allowed? or question marks for that matter? they're technically capital 1's and /'s if we're going by our keyboards.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
yeah, for some of us this is a lot harder than many of you would think!

wait... are exclamation marks allowed? or question marks for that matter? they're technically capital 1's and /'s if we're going by our keyboards.

i say yes.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Like, what I keep thinking about is how competitive about hockey I am at work with fellow rival fan coworkers. How we trash talk. How much of a 'thing' it is. And then I'm picturing one of you, being a fellow Rangers fan ally (which I have a few) and interjecting within the trash talk conversation with "Oh yeah? Well guess what? I'm refraining from typing capital letters all week on one of my Rangers message boards. Caps suck!"... and imagining the looks you'd get...

Moral of the story is, if it's something you'd feel like a total jackass doing in real life and probably would never admit to face to face, then why so quick to jump on the 'me too' wagon on an internet message board?

But ehhh, who cares. Just some perspective I guess...

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Like, what I keep thinking about is how competitive about hockey I am at work with fellow rival fan coworkers. How we trash talk. How much of a 'thing' it is. And then I'm picturing one of you, being a fellow Rangers fan ally (which I have a few) and interjecting within the trash talk conversation with "Oh yeah? Well guess what? I'm refraining from typing capital letters all week on one of my Rangers message boards. Caps suck!"... and imagining the looks you'd get...
ktf.gif

Jan 8, 2012
NY
why can't you just keep your real life fandom separate from a message board? no caps can be a thing we do here. doesn't mean you have to go tell the world about it. as for the looks you would supposedly get - who the hell cares.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
why can't you just keep your real life fandom separate from a message board? no caps can be a thing we do here. doesn't mean you have to go tell the world about it. as for the looks you would supposedly get - who the hell cares.

All I'm saying is be authentic. I am in real life the same as I am online. So if you'd be embarrassed amongst your real life peers to admit it, then why so too shouldn't you be embarrassed to actually do it on here? But yeah, it's harmless, I know. I just don't like being fake, so if I wouldn't do it in real life, or admit it in real life, I don't do it online either. But that's just me. To each their own. But yeah, I do find it to be highly ridiculous and something that we normally would mock the crap out of other fans for, so I feel it's a bit disingenuous? Or at the least, I guess I want to make sure it's glaringly obvious that this is only some Rangers fans supporting it, not all Rangers fans lol.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
All I'm saying is be authentic. I am in real life the same as I am online. So if you'd be embarrassed amongst your real life peers to admit it, then why so too shouldn't you be embarrassed to actually do it on here? But yeah, it's harmless, I know. I just don't like being fake, so if I wouldn't do it in real life, or admit it in real life, I don't do it online either. But that's just me. To each their own. But yeah, I do find it to be highly ridiculous and something that we normally would mock the crap out of other fans for, so I feel it's a bit disingenuous? Or at the least, I guess I want to make sure it's glaringly obvious that this is only some Rangers fans supporting it, not all Rangers fans lol.

yeah, we'd probably mock other fans for doing the same thing. people were getting pissed off at the la kings twitter account any time they did anything. again, who cares? i also don't see how not typing it capitals is fake, no more than how typing properly is real. no one is forcing you to not write normally in real life. or here - but we might as well finally agree on something as a group here.

i would just like to point out that the rangers twitter account has taken this in full stride. not only their tweets, but also their description and name are lowercase.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
yeah, we'd probably mock other fans for doing the same thing. people were getting pissed off at the la kings twitter account any time they did anything. again, who cares? i also don't see how not typing it capitals is fake, no more than how typing properly is real. no one is forcing you to not write normally in real life. or here - but we might as well finally agree on something as a group here.

i would just like to point out that the rangers twitter account has taken this in full stride. not only their tweets, but also their description and name are lowercase.

Yay for them lol. In a way though I'm conflicted, cause I actually LIKE the fact that they're doing it. I just don't like the concept of everyone doing it. Don't ask, I don't understand the logic here fully either...

And what I meant by fake is feeling cool or that it's fun on the internet to do, but you'd feel like a total ass telling your girlfriend or coworkers etc. I consider that to not be being authentic. But then that's just me, and for whatever reasons I'm kinda irrationally obsessed with the concept. Hell, look at my username/credo for chrissakes.

And on a completely random note; this tennis racquet bug zapper is the coolest damn thing ever. Oh how I love the friggin sizzle! And yes, yes, I would admit that in real life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad