Riikola to Tigers.

Pilut and Suomela to Lausanne.

Balcers, Fröden and Rohrer to Lions.

L.Bengtsson and Wingerli to Zug.

I assume Zurich lions is the favorites?

Mod, Stick this thread!

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Can someone please help me with a couple question ....

1, How many imports are allowed on a teams roster ?

2. which countries are considered imports ?

3. What is average salary in NL ?

4. Are imports payed the same as Swiss citizens ?

5. What is the average salary plus housing and car a Canadian or USA citizen earns per season in NL?

Thank You

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald

Six.

Every Country except Switzerland. Foreign players with a Swiss players license also don't count as imports. One can only get such a license by playing junior hockey in Switzerland, as far as I know.

No clue.

Depends on the quality of the player. Swiss players that are as good as the better imports are paid a lot more. They don't get "free" housing and a car though.

5. What is the average salary plus housing and car a Canadian or USA citizen earns per season in NL?

Depends on how good you are and your track record as a pro. And the financial means of the team that is hiring. Somewhere between 150K and 500K (Swiss Francs) is the norm. More is usually only paid for exceptional players that have performed extremely well in the NL for several years.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Six.

Every Country except Switzerland. Foreign players with a Swiss players license also don't count as imports. One can only get such a license by playing junior hockey in Switzerland, as far as I know.

No clue.

Depends on the quality of the player. Swiss players that are as good as the better imports are paid a lot more. They don't get "free" housing and a car though.

Depends on how good you are and your track record as a pro. And the financial means of the team that is hiring. Somewhere between 150K and 500K (Swiss Francs) is the norm. More is usually only paid for exceptional players that have performed extremely well in the NL for several years.
Thank you very much !

100k swiss franc = ??? USA

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe

Thank You

I think @Speyer might have been a little low on the salaries.

In 2021 season the GM of Fribourg said the average salary for his team was 290,000 Swiss so around $330k and he also considered his team to be "5th or 6th" in terms of budget in the whole league.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I think @Speyer might have been a little low on the salaries.

In 2021 season the GM of Fribourg said the average salary for his team was 290,000 Swiss so around $330k and he also considered his team to be "5th or 6th" in terms of budget in the whole league.

I am basing my numbers on the educated guesses of some experts from a couple of years ago, that have been published in a couple Swiss media outlets. You should not forget that Swiss born players get overpaid a lot on the domestic market. Only the cheapest imports will make less than 200k but there won't be many that will make more than half a million either. Most will probably be in the range of around 300k. So in most cases the imports won't be the top earners on their teams but rather somewhere in the middle if you don't factor in the additional coasts of housing etc. But in the end of the day the salary structure within the NL is not publicly known, so its impossible to give completely accurate numbers anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rigafan

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Six.

No clue.

how many guys getting over $1M

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Opinions on the suspensions form yesterday?

As a Fribourg-Fan here are my biased takes:

1. Sprunger:
1 game is probably correct, not a good cross-check, not too violent either.
2. Quenneville:
1 game is not enough for me, sucker punch from behind when the puck is nowhere near, is as low as it gets.
3. Sörensen:
This one is tought, if you suspend him, I feel like 1 game is a not enough since the incident was after the game, just dirty. However, based on the video I have seen there is no way you can say that was intentional, you just do not see it at all, seems like an accident. So either more or no suspension at all would be right for me.
4. Kovar:
Have not seen the incident, but if he did tough the ref, there are multiple games coming and rightfully so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad