Confirmed Trade: [NJD / OTT] Brandon Gormley for Future considerations

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Some nice Bingo depth never hurt especially after moving Kostka

Did Jokipakka somehow end up in your NHL roster?

Well then. Sometimes we should pump the brakes just a little bit when hyping prospects.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I'll always remember being so happy at the 2010 draft and moreso when the Rangers took McIlrath than when Dallas took Campbell right after, just because the former guaranteed the Ducks would be able to get one of Fowler/Gormley. Turns out it mattered quite a bit that the Ducks had the choice between the two.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Too good for AHL, not good enough for NHL.

My understanding is that he can't play in the playoffs because he was traded after the deadline?

I doubt he gets re-signed, but who knows. B-Sens need help. Team is struggling, badly.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Nice work Ottawa!! This guy is better than currently playing. Hope he works out. Might be last chance in the NHL.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wow gormley completely fell off. he came into the league with very high hopes if i remember correctly

what was the problem?

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Too good for AHL, not good enough for NHL.

My understanding is that he can't play in the playoffs because he was traded after the deadline?

I doubt he gets re-signed, but who knows. B-Sens need help. Team is struggling, badly.

Is he actually too good for the AHL? 10 pts in 35 games this year, 6 pts in 39 games last year, for a 2 way or offensive dman does not scream "too good" to me.

OperationHotMother

Dec 22, 2006
I'm ecstatic about this trade as a Sens fan. This gives us FOUR players who were the defenseman of the tournament at the WJC. Karlsson, Phaneuf, Chabot, and now Gormley. Can anyone find out where Sami Lepisto went?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is he actually too good for the AHL? 10 pts in 35 games this year, 6 pts in 39 games last year, for a 2 way or offensive dman does not scream "too good" to me.

But have you seen this guy play keep away for the whole 2 minutes on the PK... amazing

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Did Jokipakka somehow end up in your NHL roster?

Well then. Sometimes we should pump the brakes just a little bit when hyping prospects.

The roster numbers go up after the deadline so Jokipakka will stay on there for now. Remember also that he cleared waivers prior to the trade so can be freely shuffled up and down between Bingo/Ottawa as needed until the end of March.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Traded after the trading deadline?

Someone went ahead and divided by zero...

As Sens of Anarchy said the only true trade freeze is during the winter roster freeze around Christmas. The trade deadline is simply about playoff eligibility...Gormley isn't eligible for Ottawa's post-season roster, which he isn't good enough for anyway.

Pretty stunning how far off the map he's fallen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad