Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I feel like Edmonton is pretty confident in Lucic signing with them in order to justify this.

Not that I think there is a terribly uneven deal, but I think there is a clear winner, even if Edmonton is addressing an area of need.

Last edited:

Zennon

Mar 12, 2004
I'm not sure how Larsson has improved but the first year he's played, NJD tried him on the PP and he was like a pylon, no movement at all. Maybe he got better but no way worth Hall straight up!. No he's not a #1, far from it.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
This is obviously a loss in regards to value for the oilers, but with that being said Larsson is an excellent number 2 RHD who is very good defensively. Larssons first pass has always been very good and I am sure he will get some good pp time in edmonton with those high end forwards. So the question is can larsson put up 5 goals and 35 assists playing with edmonton I believe the answer is yes while playing excellent defensively. Its a loss in value but a big gain in regards to building a cup contender sooner rather then later.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Wow. Doubt that's ever happened before.
I don't think it's that bad for Edmonton. They did address a need and did so via an area of strength. If they can replace some of Hall's offense through free agency it looks better.

Lucic can't replace halls production. That's what of us outsiders are thinking.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
EDM gets fleeced so bad not even a second added
If this is the best he could get I would of walked away

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
wow. all i heard in the STL - EDM threads is that Hall returns Pietrangelo. That's obviously not true.

Huge payment for a decent, potential #1D...but Larsson isn't exactly a star. He's good...but not yet great. Hope he steps up, because he's going to be needed quickly.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not many Oilers fans posting in this thread, prob crying

I am fine with the trade . Another poster on the Oilers boards posted some of Larsson numbers and he is a stud . Even before I read that I have wanted Hall traded for a few years . He the reason Yak is isolated . Hall is a party and Yak is not so he never was accepted . Not that Hall a problem like Kane because he is not . Glad we got a top pairing RHD with Klefbom that is a NHL top pairing . Look back on my postings as well I been want to trade Hall for 2 + years . I would have liked to get a little more but winger vs RHD . Teams trading the RHD can basically name their price . Next year

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Demers
Davidson Fayne
Oesterle

That is an NHL caliber D and Balanced

Lucic McD Eberle
Pouliot Draisaitl Pulju
Maroon RNH Yakupov or an upgrade

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
McDavid is in a class of his own. What Hall does (would've done) is bury his feeds for the next 5 years.

Draisaitl is a Center not a pure left wing.

RNH is not a pure left wing.

Please don't tell me Eberle is on Hall's level.

Yakupov has done jack squat in the NHL.

Have you watched any nhl last few years??

All those players do the same thing as Hall which is create offence literally that's all Hall does anything else he's useless.

Do you understand how championship teams are formed not with 6 skill forwards and no defense.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Did the Oiler management team approve of this?

I honestly have started to believe that Lowe and MacT put some blame on Hall for their brilliant rebuild not panning out. Like Hall didn't turn into Messier 2.0 like they wanted. There have been hints dropped to the media that our management didn't think Hall was "what they thought he would be". It's disappointing.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
No a Number 1 on a team that prides itself on defense? NJD is known for its defensemen. You got your logic backwards.

Stop living in the past and be logical. See you in the playoffs. We will be there but will you? Logic says no. Not with your defense. Maybe you can get Stevens to come back. Maybe Santini becomes the next Orr. Logic says no. Then slowly reality sets in:help:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
This thread is proof that most people here don't know what they're talking about when they talk about NJ.

The value is off, but this is a far more sensible hockey trade than people, especially EDM fans, want to acknowledge. Both teams got better.

SemONER*

Jun 25, 2016
.....and just like that this thread is old news......

Off to the other thread we go. If you don't know what I'm talking about you will very very soon.

Everything. Is. Happening.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
You gotta give to get sometimes and this was probably the best dman the Oilers could get and they decided to go for it. They had to fix their defence and Larsson does that to a certain degree. There's still enough firepower up front for the Oilers to make an impact next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad