Confirmed Trade: [NJD/CGY] Tyler Toffoli for Yegor Sharangovich and 3rd in 2023 (#80)

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
As crazy as it sounds Sharangovich should be even better than he's been, the guy has some of the best mitts I've seen in a long time, crazy release, in tight moves, great one timer and extremely accurate, his hat-trick last week featured 3 totally different goals and all three were goal scorers goals, and his OT snipe tonight was a goal very few could do.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The Flames have no 1st line since Huberdeau AND Lindholm have been garbage. Coleman and Sharangovich are taking advantage of their opportunities and are doing a great job.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
As crazy as it sounds Sharangovich should be even better than he's been, the guy has some of the best mitts I've seen in a long time, crazy release, in tight moves, great one timer and extremely accurate, his hat-trick last week featured 3 totally different goals and all three were goal scorers goals, and his OT snipe tonight was a goal very few could do.

He's on pace for 33 goals... which would be pretty incredible.

• Love
Reactions: Bone Density

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The Flames have no 1st line since Huberdeau AND Lindholm have been garbage. Coleman and Sharangovich are taking advantage of their opportunities and are doing a great job.
Backlund line is almost always our best line. They rarely get scored on and are productive. I'd say that's pretty clearly our first line. The other 2 score, but get lit up too.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Sigh...

I understood why Flames fans didn't love the trade when it happened, but I knew Sharangovich would end up surprising people. He's one of the more under-the-radar "pure scorers" in the league, and he's no slouch defensively. Great attitude, too. The sky is the limit for him.

It reminds me of the Kyle Palmieri trade. The Devils plucked him from Anaheim and Bob Murray literally said he had to move Palmieri because he'll score 20 goals soon and he'd cost too much to keep, so they cashed out for a 2nd round pick. It looks like Sharangovich will be a scorer for Calgary for a while, much like Palmieri was for New Jersey.

Reactions: Nanuuk

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Backlund line is almost always our best line. They rarely get scored on and are productive. I'd say that's pretty clearly our first line. The other 2 score, but get lit up too.
Of course they call it a 1st line. Every team has one but it does not produce like one

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Of course they call it a 1st line. Every team has one but it does not produce like one
I don't really see that the Backlund line isn't our first line. They play the most minutes at 5 on 5, they have the most goals, they contribute to winning the most. I'd say it's pretty clear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad