Confirmed with Link: [NJ/EDM] Oilers acquire Kulikov for conditional 4th (3rd if Oilers win a playoff round)

How would you grade this trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Great pickup for a low pick. Wish it was conditional on winning 2 rounds, but whatever. Sounds like he's having a solid season. LD goes Nurse - Kulikov -Russell/Lags - Jones.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Hope Holland can trade down once or twice in the draft to recoup the pick.

decent trade. Hope it’s an improvement on Russell, seems to be as the stats suggest.

haven’t followed Kulikov the last 5 years or so.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Kulikov is a good rental / audition for our defence. If he proves himself, could be a replacement for Russell going forward (and cheaper).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Anything that keeps Bear and Jones out of the lineup is good with me. Where would he fit, with Larsson?

I haven't keyed on Kulikov much is he good around the net taking out traffic? How physical is he.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Anything that keeps Bear and Jones out of the lineup is good with me. Where would he fit, with Larsson?

I haven't keyed on Kulikov much is he good around the net taking out traffic? How physical is he.

He's pretty physical and is good at defending the cycle.

Seems like Devils fans are disappointed with the return, he's had a real solid year.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005

Clearing the crease is one of his strengths.

I’d check out the reaction of Devils fans to losing Kulikov. They’re not happy and nor should they be.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Who saw that coming?

Edit: People want at least one round to be a successful season, so they acquire a guy for their top four on the condition they win at least that one playoff round, and we're iffy with the condition?:huh:
I mentioned it yesterday ;)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Considering some NJ fans thought it was going to be a second that would become a first, I think the value is at least decent for us.

There are already Devil fans that said they would've rather just kept him than get a 3rd/4th

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Clearing the crease is one of his strengths.

I’d check out the reaction of Devils fans to losing Kulikov. They’re not happy and nor should they be.

Thanks. Smith and Koskinen are better when they can see the puck and when D are able to keep guys out.

I like D that can just clean up the crease. Larsson has been really good at that this season. Nurse as well, but we needed one more D that can make opponents pay price standing around there.

Seems like this will be a helpful add.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Wow. Good move for the Oilers if true. Kulikov's having a good season so far.

Great pickup for Edmonton. I’d guess a 2nd but If it’s anything less than a 2nd - it’s one of the best bargains of the entire deadline.

I'm going to guess a 3rd. Kulikov's having a sneakily-good season, though.

Please be a 2nd. He has played very very well this year. A second would not be a reach but thinking it will be a 3rd.

Hes been well above a bottom Pair dman this year

He was very good as a #4/5 . Played very solid and great defensively with some snarl and grit.

He’s been a terrific defensive presence with some physicality for a Devils blueline that desperately needed veteran and defensive stability.

The praise for Kulikov is real. He's been legit this year.

That’s exactly what he brings. He was very good under pressure in his own end , can skate or pass it out of danger. He has zero offence , but also had zero to work with on NJ and was relied upon to be the anchor on his pairing .

yes, he can he's been one of the few bright spots in NJ

He's getting love on the mains for sure. Here's to hoping.

Last edited:

Dirk Dangler

Jun 24, 2016
In before the league decides that since it’s possible we could win a round that the pick will be a 3rd regardless.
In all seriousness, no issues with this pick up at all. Hoping he fits in well beside Lars.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad